The Association of Financial Advisers has announced the state winners and finalists of its 2014 Excellence in Education Award.
At its July National Roadshow yesterday, the AFA announced Charles Badenach, Shaun Hunt, Geoff Ivanac, Vijay Ghelani, Jonathan Wu and Peter O’Callaghan as finalists for the award.
AFA head of campus Nick Hakes said the calibre of the state winners reflects the growing recognition that higher education is a key to delivering great advice and positively changing consumers’ perceptions of financial advisers.
“The winners of this year’s award have worked extremely hard to not only commit to ongoing education, but also to excel at it,” said Mr Hakes.
“Other advisers will be inspired by these state winners, to invest in their own education, above and beyond that which is required in terms of compliance, in order to ensure that they are giving clients the best possible experience,” he said.
Asteron Life, a partner of the AFA award, said education is a key foundation to the continued future success of the industry.
“Investing in professional education is good for the individual adviser, good for the industry and importantly, helps build consumer confidence in the advice industry,” said Asteron Life executive general manager Jordan Hawke.
The AFA said the winners were chosen for their commitment to professional development through continuing education and making a difference within the marketplace and their local community.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all