Commonwealth Bank CEO Ian Narev has announced the bank’s appointee to chair its internal review of “poor financial advice” at aligned dealer groups.
In a statement released on Friday, Mr Narev said former High Court judge Ian Callinan has been appointed to the role, in a move he hopes will underscore that the program is about doing “what is right for affected customers”.
“This appointment is crucial to ensure the independence and integrity of the process,” said Mr Narev.
“The Honourable Ian Callinan has demonstrated throughout his career an outstanding ability to understand complex problems from the perspective of their impact on the individual.
“The Independent Review Panel will provide comfort to customers that if they disagree with the assessment, then independent and esteemed experts will determine the right outcome to which the Bank will be bound,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Mar 2019Westpac announces exit from financial adviceBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019ASIC given greater powers under new proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019FPA releases national roadshow detailsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019Linchpin Capital, IIOF fund to be shut downBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019FASEA releases final provider accreditation policyBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Mar 2019Adviser given 10-year prison sentence by NSW courtBy Adrian Flores
- view all