Netherlands-based asset manager Robeco has announced the appointment of a new retail business manager to continue developing its relationships with advisers.
Matthew Young has been appointed as regional manager, retail business development, based in Sydney and will report to Robeco’s managing director for Australia and New Zealand, Stephen Dennis.
“Given his strong investment background, Matthew is well positioned to provide long-term wholesale solutions and to deepen relationships with financial advisers and researchers in the market,” Mr Dennis said.
“Matthew will play a crucial role in bringing Robeco’s innovative capabilities to the market.”
Mr Young joins Robeco from BlackRock where he was vice-president.
He has more than 12 years’ experience in wealth management and retail distribution, including a role as business development manager at Colonial First State.
In his new role, Mr Young will lead Robeco in building links with financial advisers and will promote the firm's investment strategies, particularly its emerging markets, conservative equity and global equities.
“Low volatility and emerging markets strategies have become two of the most discussed equity investment strategies among investors lately,” Mr Dennis said.
“We see that a low-volatility strategy in emerging markets will allow investors to benefit from emerging market equity returns at substantially lower risk.
“To add to our unit trust offerings, our award-winning Robeco Boston Partners global equity strategy will also be available to Australian investors soon.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 Jun 2018Sam Henderson to retire from financial adviceBy Reporter
- 25 Jun 2018CBA to spin off 'independent' CFS GroupBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018Awards night recognises young adviser of the yearBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018AMP chair urges RC to not to restrict business modelsBy Killian Plastow
- 22 Jun 2018David Murray takes reins as AMP chairmanBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018Fitzpatricks announces new licensee bossBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all