Members of the AFA are being challenged to become more physically active in the lead-up to this year’s AFA National Conference in October.
In partnership with life insurance provider AIA Australia’s 'Vitality' health and wellness program, financial advisers are being challenged to create physical health-related activities, with awards going to the best ideas.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said there are “significant advantages” for advisers who take care of their personal health.
“The role of a financial adviser comes with significant responsibility in building, managing, and protecting the life savings of their clients,” Mr Fox said.
“Personally maintaining a healthy lifestyle helps an adviser and their staff to withstand the physical and emotional demands placed on them.”
A new challenge will be released every six weeks in the lead-up to the AFA National Conference held in Cairns.
Mr Fox explained that the health challenges were a great way to engage people with a healthy lifestyle.
Speaking to ifa, AIA Australia chief executive Damien Mu said the Vitality program would encourage people involved to think about their wellbeing and “improve their health”.
“If we can help people want to know more about their health, we encourage them to do so by providing incentives around that,” Mr Mu said.
“We hope this challenge will improve the health of those involved and assist advisers in engaging with their clients about life insurance by showing the health benefits and rewards that can result from taking part in healthy lifestyle activities,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:10Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 10:10Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all