TAL has made an appointment to a newly created role that will merge responsibility for strategic finance under one manager.
Edith Pfister has joined TAL in the role of general manager, strategic finance where she will oversee strategy development financial planning, corporate treasury and mergers and acquisitions.
“By bringing together these functions, and in the appointment of Edith who has extensive experience in these areas, TAL can enhance the focus on our new strategic direction,” TAL chief financial officer Kent Griffin said.
“The heart of our new strategy is a deep customer focus in all areas of the business so that we can deliver the experience, products and services our customers both want and need in ways of their choosing.”
Ms Pfister previously held roles at ANZ Wealth and Private Bank, as chief risk officer; at reinsurer RGA as chief financial officer and risk manager; at Swiss Re as chief financial officer; and at motoring, insurance and financial services group RAC, also as chief financial officer.
Mr Griffin said the newly created position reflects ongoing growth at TAL.
“This role will provide a high level of leadership support to the CFO, including relationships with the board and our parent company Dai-ichi Life, one of Japan’s and the world’s largest life insurance and wealth management companies,” Mr Griffin said.
“Edith’s experience and expertise will be invaluable as we seek to grow our business by making life insurance increasingly more accessible to Australians from all walks of life.”
Ms Pfister joins TAL later this month.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all