Equipsuper’s financial planning arm has opened its first interstate office in Sydney’s CBD, making financial advice more accessible for members in NSW and the ACT.
Equip’s executive officer, member relationships, Justin Sadler said “opening an office in Sydney was a significant development for Equip Financial Planning, which will operate under its own licence from 1 July 2014”.
“It is a strong statement about our commitment to education and advice in helping members head into retirement confident that they have the knowledge and support to achieve a financially secure future,” he added.
“We constantly speak with and survey our members to gauge their satisfaction with the fund and it is clear that they value advice from a brand like Equip they have trusted over many years,” said Mr Sadler.
Equip has appointed financial planner Kristine Spiteri, who is based in the MLC Centre in Martin Place.
Mr Sadler said Ms Spiteri will make professional financial advice from Equip more accessible to the nearly 20 per cent of Equip members located in NSW and the ACT.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jun 2018IOOF Alliances launches service for self-licensed advisersBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018Former adviser convicted for dishonest conductBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018IFA sector digs deep for DoverBy Aleks Vickovich
- 15 Jun 2018‘Information asymmetry’ a difficulty for advisersBy Killian Plastow and Tasnuva Bindi
- 15 Jun 2018ASIC takes Westpac to court over poor adviceBy Reporter
- 15 Jun 2018AFCA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- view all