Shine Lawyers has confirmed it will pursue a class action litigation suit against CBA licensee Financial Wisdom and the bank itself, seeking more than $200 million in damages.
The plaintiff law firm announced that it received a “considerable response from affected Australians” interested in taking part in the class action, meaning it has the numbers to go ahead.
The lawsuit will allege that inappropriate advice was given to more than 3000 clients of former Financial Wisdom authorised representative Meridian Wealth and may see the parent company forking out more than $200 million in compensation, said the firm in a statement issued today.
The firm is calling on affected former clients to get in touch.
The announcement comes as ifa reveals one former Financial Wisdom authorised rep has jumped ship to a non-aligned licensee.
More to come.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Fund managers charging fees for underperformanceBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Government minister to address AFA conferenceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- view all