Shine Lawyers has confirmed it will pursue a class action litigation suit against CBA licensee Financial Wisdom and the bank itself, seeking more than $200 million in damages.
The plaintiff law firm announced that it received a “considerable response from affected Australians” interested in taking part in the class action, meaning it has the numbers to go ahead.
The lawsuit will allege that inappropriate advice was given to more than 3000 clients of former Financial Wisdom authorised representative Meridian Wealth and may see the parent company forking out more than $200 million in compensation, said the firm in a statement issued today.
The firm is calling on affected former clients to get in touch.
The announcement comes as ifa reveals one former Financial Wisdom authorised rep has jumped ship to a non-aligned licensee.
More to come.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:41Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- 20 Sep 2017Labor slams mooted ASIC appointmentBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Sep 2017‘Modest start’ for Australian super fundsBy Jessica Yun
- 20 Sep 2017Education stress understandable, says AFABy Killian Plastow
- 20 Sep 2017Resisting change will ‘destroy’ business valueBy Staff Reporter
- view all