Shine Lawyers has confirmed it will pursue a class action litigation suit against CBA licensee Financial Wisdom and the bank itself, seeking more than $200 million in damages.
The plaintiff law firm announced that it received a “considerable response from affected Australians” interested in taking part in the class action, meaning it has the numbers to go ahead.
The lawsuit will allege that inappropriate advice was given to more than 3000 clients of former Financial Wisdom authorised representative Meridian Wealth and may see the parent company forking out more than $200 million in compensation, said the firm in a statement issued today.
The firm is calling on affected former clients to get in touch.
The announcement comes as ifa reveals one former Financial Wisdom authorised rep has jumped ship to a non-aligned licensee.
More to come.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- 22 Jan 2019BT releases 6 ‘core’ managed portfoliosBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Jan 2019Licence conditions placed on Sydney AFSLBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019O’Dwyer steps down from politicsBy Adrian Flores
- view all