The Commonwealth Bank has announced a new executive appointment with David Whiteing taking on the role of group executive, enterprise services and chief information officer.
Mr Whiteing joined CBA in September 2013 to lead its newly formed architecture and planning team in enterprise services.
Commonwealth Bank chief executive Ian Narev said this appointment of Mr Narev highlights the group’s “track record of promoting internal candidates to executive roles”.
“David is a highly experienced business and IT executive with a track record of delivering technology and process transformation in many industries, including financial services, both in Australia and overseas,” Mr Narev said.
“David and his technology and operations teams will build on the Group's extensive investments in technology to ensure on-going innovation for our customers, and continuing productivity, reliability and security."
Prior to joining CBA Mr Whiteing was Vice President of Enterprise Systems at BP in the United Kingdom.
He will commence his new role on 14 July 2014.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Netwealth recruits former BT managerBy Reporter
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- view all