The Commonwealth Bank has announced a new executive appointment with David Whiteing taking on the role of group executive, enterprise services and chief information officer.
Mr Whiteing joined CBA in September 2013 to lead its newly formed architecture and planning team in enterprise services.
Commonwealth Bank chief executive Ian Narev said this appointment of Mr Narev highlights the group’s “track record of promoting internal candidates to executive roles”.
“David is a highly experienced business and IT executive with a track record of delivering technology and process transformation in many industries, including financial services, both in Australia and overseas,” Mr Narev said.
“David and his technology and operations teams will build on the Group's extensive investments in technology to ensure on-going innovation for our customers, and continuing productivity, reliability and security."
Prior to joining CBA Mr Whiteing was Vice President of Enterprise Systems at BP in the United Kingdom.
He will commence his new role on 14 July 2014.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Jun 2018Consultant calls for ‘restricted’ product adviceBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jun 2018Fitzpatricks Group names three new execsBy Reporter
- 19 Jun 2018Former NAB, ASIC exec approaches Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Jun 2018CBA blocks access to Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Jun 2018ANZ launches adviser wellness portalBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018IOOF Alliances launches service for self-licensed advisersBy Reporter
- view all