The Commonwealth Bank has announced a new executive appointment with David Whiteing taking on the role of group executive, enterprise services and chief information officer.
Mr Whiteing joined CBA in September 2013 to lead its newly formed architecture and planning team in enterprise services.
Commonwealth Bank chief executive Ian Narev said this appointment of Mr Narev highlights the group’s “track record of promoting internal candidates to executive roles”.
“David is a highly experienced business and IT executive with a track record of delivering technology and process transformation in many industries, including financial services, both in Australia and overseas,” Mr Narev said.
“David and his technology and operations teams will build on the Group's extensive investments in technology to ensure on-going innovation for our customers, and continuing productivity, reliability and security."
Prior to joining CBA Mr Whiteing was Vice President of Enterprise Systems at BP in the United Kingdom.
He will commence his new role on 14 July 2014.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Feb 2019Great advisers are going to thrive: Dow JonesBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Feb 2019NAB most distrusted bank, survey findsBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all