ASIC has banned a Queensland-based authorised representative of non-aligned dealer group Ballast Financial Management for a period of six months.
The corporate regulator has announced that Kelvin William Roy Fair has been banned until November 2014 for becoming an undischarged bankrupt, in breach of the Corporations Act.
“Mr Fair falsely represented to his Australian financial services (AFS) licensee that he was not a bankrupt, and in so doing deprived the AFS licensee of the opportunity to disclose his bankruptcy to the AFS licensee’s insurer,” said the statement from ASIC.
“Mr Fair also failed to comply with his obligations as a bankrupt.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Mar 2019Linchpin Capital, IIOF fund to be shut downBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019FASEA releases final provider accreditation policyBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Mar 2019Adviser given 10-year prison sentence by NSW courtBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Mar 2019NAB responds to Hayne recommendationsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Mar 2019Allianz Retire+ launches first productBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Mar 2019Conflicts of interest go beyond vertical integration, says CEOBy Adrian Flores
- view all