ASIC has banned a Queensland-based authorised representative of non-aligned dealer group Ballast Financial Management for a period of six months.
The corporate regulator has announced that Kelvin William Roy Fair has been banned until November 2014 for becoming an undischarged bankrupt, in breach of the Corporations Act.
“Mr Fair falsely represented to his Australian financial services (AFS) licensee that he was not a bankrupt, and in so doing deprived the AFS licensee of the opportunity to disclose his bankruptcy to the AFS licensee’s insurer,” said the statement from ASIC.
“Mr Fair also failed to comply with his obligations as a bankrupt.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Jul 2018Sunsuper makes new board appointmentBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018Cardena announces partnership with loan brokerageBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018Royal Commission reveals round five focusBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018FASEA issues draft professional year guidanceBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018AAT reduces adviser’s banning periodBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018BT announces Panorama pricing changesBy Reporter
- view all