ASIC has banned a Queensland-based authorised representative of non-aligned dealer group Ballast Financial Management for a period of six months.
The corporate regulator has announced that Kelvin William Roy Fair has been banned until November 2014 for becoming an undischarged bankrupt, in breach of the Corporations Act.
“Mr Fair falsely represented to his Australian financial services (AFS) licensee that he was not a bankrupt, and in so doing deprived the AFS licensee of the opportunity to disclose his bankruptcy to the AFS licensee’s insurer,” said the statement from ASIC.
“Mr Fair also failed to comply with his obligations as a bankrupt.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all