The Zurich Investments Global Growth Share Fund has been given the green light to be added to the approved product list of Westpac-aligned licensee Securitor.
In a statement issued yesterday, Zurich Financial Services Australia announced that the global equities fund had been approved by the institutionally-owned dealer group in the wake of growing investor and adviser demand for global investment.
“Zurich believes domestic demand for growth from improving offshore markets is set to increase,” said Zurich general manager, life and investments, Philip Kewin.
“We believe it prudent that investors and advisers would look to blend portfolios to include a global growth manager investing in potentially fast growing companies in recovering economies with a proven underlying focus on earnings.”
Mr Kewin added that too few long-only global equity managers are reflective of a “disciplined, long-term investment approach”.
The fund – which is managed by US-based American Century Investments – focuses on changes in the rate of earnings growth, rather than overall level and duration of earnings growth, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 28 Apr 2017ASIC calls for broader whistleblower definitionBy Linda Santacruz
- 28 Apr 2017Decimal announces MOU with industry consultancyBy Staff Reporter
- 28 Apr 2017US independent picks up UBS and Merrill Lynch advisersBy Staff Reporter
- 28 Apr 2017Goals-based advice 'a fad', says adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 28 Apr 2017Advice firms on lower end of health scale: reportBy Staff Reporter
- 27 Apr 2017Lambert steps down from CountplusBy Staff Reporter
- view all