The Zurich Investments Global Growth Share Fund has been given the green light to be added to the approved product list of Westpac-aligned licensee Securitor.
In a statement issued yesterday, Zurich Financial Services Australia announced that the global equities fund had been approved by the institutionally-owned dealer group in the wake of growing investor and adviser demand for global investment.
“Zurich believes domestic demand for growth from improving offshore markets is set to increase,” said Zurich general manager, life and investments, Philip Kewin.
“We believe it prudent that investors and advisers would look to blend portfolios to include a global growth manager investing in potentially fast growing companies in recovering economies with a proven underlying focus on earnings.”
Mr Kewin added that too few long-only global equity managers are reflective of a “disciplined, long-term investment approach”.
The fund – which is managed by US-based American Century Investments – focuses on changes in the rate of earnings growth, rather than overall level and duration of earnings growth, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Jan 2019Former Dover and Synchron adviser banned for five yearsBy Eliot Hastie
- 24 Jan 2019Very few Australians save and even fewer invest their moneyBy Reporter
- 24 Jan 2019Advisers undercharging clients for efforts, says CEOBy Adrian Flores
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- view all