The Zurich Investments Global Growth Share Fund has been given the green light to be added to the approved product list of Westpac-aligned licensee Securitor.
In a statement issued yesterday, Zurich Financial Services Australia announced that the global equities fund had been approved by the institutionally-owned dealer group in the wake of growing investor and adviser demand for global investment.
“Zurich believes domestic demand for growth from improving offshore markets is set to increase,” said Zurich general manager, life and investments, Philip Kewin.
“We believe it prudent that investors and advisers would look to blend portfolios to include a global growth manager investing in potentially fast growing companies in recovering economies with a proven underlying focus on earnings.”
Mr Kewin added that too few long-only global equity managers are reflective of a “disciplined, long-term investment approach”.
The fund – which is managed by US-based American Century Investments – focuses on changes in the rate of earnings growth, rather than overall level and duration of earnings growth, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- view all