The Zurich Investments Global Growth Share Fund has been given the green light to be added to the approved product list of Westpac-aligned licensee Securitor.
In a statement issued yesterday, Zurich Financial Services Australia announced that the global equities fund had been approved by the institutionally-owned dealer group in the wake of growing investor and adviser demand for global investment.
“Zurich believes domestic demand for growth from improving offshore markets is set to increase,” said Zurich general manager, life and investments, Philip Kewin.
“We believe it prudent that investors and advisers would look to blend portfolios to include a global growth manager investing in potentially fast growing companies in recovering economies with a proven underlying focus on earnings.”
Mr Kewin added that too few long-only global equity managers are reflective of a “disciplined, long-term investment approach”.
The fund – which is managed by US-based American Century Investments – focuses on changes in the rate of earnings growth, rather than overall level and duration of earnings growth, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all