The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) has opened nominations for the 2014 Female Excellence in Advice Award at an AFA Inspire event held in Sydney yesterday.
Media personality Tracey Spicer hosted the launch, giving insight into how women can “challenge the status quo” and leading a panel discussion which included last year Female Excellence in Advice award winner Catherine Robson, AFA Inspire chair Deborah Kent and TAL general manager retail distribution Niall McConville.
Ms Kent said the award- launched in 2011 as a joint initiative by the AFA and TAL- helps promote greater involvement of women working in or seeking financial advice.
“The aim of the Award is to not only recognise women doing well but also to act as a catalyst for change in financial services and in the lives of everyday Australians,” Ms Kent said.
“Attracting and inspiring women to seek senior roles, including the role of financial adviser, will eventually mean that we have more women addressing the financial situations of female Australians, especially when seeking advice about their own retirement and insurance needs.”
TAL Life CEO Brett Clark said the momentum behind the award was an important part of raising the profile of women in finance.
“In the initial design and thinking our ambition was for this to be much more than another award, but a wide ranging program and a reason to have an ongoing dialogue about diversity in the planning profession, and how we provide greater awareness and access to financial advice to women across Australia,” Mr Clark said.
The 2014 winner of the Female Excellence in Advice Award will be announced at the AFA National Conference on 14 October.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all