The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) has opened nominations for the 2014 Female Excellence in Advice Award at an AFA Inspire event held in Sydney yesterday.
Media personality Tracey Spicer hosted the launch, giving insight into how women can “challenge the status quo” and leading a panel discussion which included last year Female Excellence in Advice award winner Catherine Robson, AFA Inspire chair Deborah Kent and TAL general manager retail distribution Niall McConville.
Ms Kent said the award- launched in 2011 as a joint initiative by the AFA and TAL- helps promote greater involvement of women working in or seeking financial advice.
“The aim of the Award is to not only recognise women doing well but also to act as a catalyst for change in financial services and in the lives of everyday Australians,” Ms Kent said.
“Attracting and inspiring women to seek senior roles, including the role of financial adviser, will eventually mean that we have more women addressing the financial situations of female Australians, especially when seeking advice about their own retirement and insurance needs.”
TAL Life CEO Brett Clark said the momentum behind the award was an important part of raising the profile of women in finance.
“In the initial design and thinking our ambition was for this to be much more than another award, but a wide ranging program and a reason to have an ongoing dialogue about diversity in the planning profession, and how we provide greater awareness and access to financial advice to women across Australia,” Mr Clark said.
The 2014 winner of the Female Excellence in Advice Award will be announced at the AFA National Conference on 14 October.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Fund managers charging fees for underperformanceBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Government minister to address AFA conferenceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- view all