Suncorp-owned insurer Asteron Life has appointed a new national key accounts and group risk manager to manage relationships with financial planning licensees.
Daniel Waller will report to Asteron Life’s executive manager, Mark Vilo, and will also hold responsibility over Suncorp Life’s Group Risk business.
Mr Vilo said Mr Waller most recently held a senior key accounts position with a major life insurer.
“He has a strong pedigree in sales leadership, AFSL and adviser relationship management and marketing across the financial services industry, with an excellent track record in delivery,” he said.
“Daniel has broad expertise in multiple disciplines across life risk, asset management, platforms and banking [and] in particular, he has an exceptional reputation for solid relationships with the senior management teams of our AFSL partners,” he added.
Mr Vilo said with Mr Waller leading Asteron Life’s national key accounts team and group risk business, it provides the opportunity for “high performing partnerships” within the licensee market.
Mr Vilo added the appointment demonstrates the strength of the Asteron Life business and brand in attracting talent of Mr Waller’s calibre.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:02Former Dover and Synchron adviser banned for five yearsBy Eliot Hastie
- 09:37Very few Australians save and even fewer invest their moneyBy Reporter
- 09:49Advisers undercharging clients for efforts, says CEOBy Adrian Flores
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- view all