Suncorp-owned insurer Asteron Life has appointed a new national key accounts and group risk manager to manage relationships with financial planning licensees.
Daniel Waller will report to Asteron Life’s executive manager, Mark Vilo, and will also hold responsibility over Suncorp Life’s Group Risk business.
Mr Vilo said Mr Waller most recently held a senior key accounts position with a major life insurer.
“He has a strong pedigree in sales leadership, AFSL and adviser relationship management and marketing across the financial services industry, with an excellent track record in delivery,” he said.
“Daniel has broad expertise in multiple disciplines across life risk, asset management, platforms and banking [and] in particular, he has an exceptional reputation for solid relationships with the senior management teams of our AFSL partners,” he added.
Mr Vilo said with Mr Waller leading Asteron Life’s national key accounts team and group risk business, it provides the opportunity for “high performing partnerships” within the licensee market.
Mr Vilo added the appointment demonstrates the strength of the Asteron Life business and brand in attracting talent of Mr Waller’s calibre.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Aug 2017Elders signs 18th advice practiceBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017AIA launches ‘Claims on Wheels’By Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Cost and risk hold back open APLsBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 22 Aug 2017Majority of Aussies have no retirement plan: researchBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- view all