Suncorp-owned insurer Asteron Life has appointed a new national key accounts and group risk manager to manage relationships with financial planning licensees.
Daniel Waller will report to Asteron Life’s executive manager, Mark Vilo, and will also hold responsibility over Suncorp Life’s Group Risk business.
Mr Vilo said Mr Waller most recently held a senior key accounts position with a major life insurer.
“He has a strong pedigree in sales leadership, AFSL and adviser relationship management and marketing across the financial services industry, with an excellent track record in delivery,” he said.
“Daniel has broad expertise in multiple disciplines across life risk, asset management, platforms and banking [and] in particular, he has an exceptional reputation for solid relationships with the senior management teams of our AFSL partners,” he added.
Mr Vilo said with Mr Waller leading Asteron Life’s national key accounts team and group risk business, it provides the opportunity for “high performing partnerships” within the licensee market.
Mr Vilo added the appointment demonstrates the strength of the Asteron Life business and brand in attracting talent of Mr Waller’s calibre.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all