Life insurer TAL has announced the appointment of two new directors to the company's board.
Experienced non-executive director and former insurance executive Duncan Boyle and long-standing Dai-ichi Life group senior executive Norimitsu Kawahara were formally inducted yesterday as directors of the TAL board, the insurer said.
Mr Boyle previously served as chief executive of the UK operations of Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance (RSA), has been an independent non-executive director of QBE since 2006, and is a director of Clayton Utz lawyers and Stockland Trust Group.
Mr Kawahara has worked for over 28 years in the Dai-ichi Life group, one of the world’s largest life insurance and wealth management businesses with operations and interests on all continents.
Dai-ichi Life senior executive Tatsusaburo Yamamoto has stepped down as a director at TAL to take up a new role in Tokyo within the Dai-ichi Life group.
TAL chair Rob Thomas said he welcomes both Mr Boyle and Mr Kawahara, and would like to thank Mr Yamamoto for his valuable service since 2012.
“As TAL has continued to grow its business in Australia, the new appointments help us renew the skillset on the board as TAL works hard to provide financial protection to even more Australians as the nation’s largest life insurer,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Fund managers charging fees for underperformanceBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Government minister to address AFA conferenceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- view all