Life insurer TAL has announced the appointment of two new directors to the company's board.
Experienced non-executive director and former insurance executive Duncan Boyle and long-standing Dai-ichi Life group senior executive Norimitsu Kawahara were formally inducted yesterday as directors of the TAL board, the insurer said.
Mr Boyle previously served as chief executive of the UK operations of Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance (RSA), has been an independent non-executive director of QBE since 2006, and is a director of Clayton Utz lawyers and Stockland Trust Group.
Mr Kawahara has worked for over 28 years in the Dai-ichi Life group, one of the world’s largest life insurance and wealth management businesses with operations and interests on all continents.
Dai-ichi Life senior executive Tatsusaburo Yamamoto has stepped down as a director at TAL to take up a new role in Tokyo within the Dai-ichi Life group.
TAL chair Rob Thomas said he welcomes both Mr Boyle and Mr Kawahara, and would like to thank Mr Yamamoto for his valuable service since 2012.
“As TAL has continued to grow its business in Australia, the new appointments help us renew the skillset on the board as TAL works hard to provide financial protection to even more Australians as the nation’s largest life insurer,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Jul 2018Westpac drops SMSF loansBy Miranda Brownlee
- 17 Jul 2018MLC names Geoff Lloyd as CEOBy Reporter
- 17 Jul 2018Infocus makes two senior appointmentsBy Killian Plastow
- 17 Jul 2018Fitzpatricks appoints new CFOBy Reporter
- 16 Jul 2018Adviser incentives still valuable: ElixirBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Jul 2018Clients to benefit from commission ban: PollBy Killian Plastow
- view all