The Association of Financial Advisers is calling for nominations for the AFA Excellence in Education Award to be presented in October at the national conference in Cairns.
The award recognises advisers who continually invest in themselves, their staff and their business, raise professional standards through education and enhance Australia’s perception of professional financial advisers.
AFA head of campus Nick Hakes said education is vital in encouraging more Australians to seek financial advice.
“As a profession, we need to embrace professional development as a way to demonstrate our credibility and expertise to a wider audience,” said Mr Hakes.
“We are seeking great success stories of how advisers practically apply their technical skills and knowledge to making a positive contribution to people’s lives.”
Mr Hakes said advisers need to move toward professional development solutions that demonstrate the credibility of advisers and improve the client experience.
“This award recognises those who are on the front foot with implementing this vision within their own practices,” he said.
Mr Hakes said the award focuses on education, attitude, behaviours, standards and a commitment to lifelong learning.
“The award showcases the different education pathways taken by advisers to enhance credibility whilst also driving business performance,” he said.
Mr Hakes said AFA was delighted to be partnering with Asteron Life for the seventh year of the award.
To nominate for the AFA Excellence in Education Award, click here: http://www.asteronlife.com.au/afaawards
Nominations close 30 May 2014.
In related news, the ifa Excellence Awards are also now open for submissions.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Oct 2017Super bills tabled in Federal ParliamentBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Oct 2017IFAs drive exchange-traded bond demandBy Jessica Yun
- 23 Oct 2017Government to beef up misconduct penaltiesBy Killian Plastow
- 24 Oct 2017CPA hurt by ‘negative undertones’ in financial adviceBy Aleks Vickovich and Katarina Taurian
- 23 Oct 2017Fiducian prepares for leadership transitionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Industry association for insurance tech launchesBy Staff Reporter
- view all