AIA Australia has received two awards for its recently launched AIA Vitality program, the life insurer has announced.
AIA Vitality won both CANSTAR’s Innovation Excellence Award and the AFA’s Innovation Award for Best Risk Product 2014.
The AIA Vitality program uses research in behavioural economics, incentivisation and wellness to encourage people to take steps towards a healthy lifestyle, according to a statement from AIA.
The program was launched on March 6, following a pilot program undertaken with a limited number of advisers.
AIA Australia chief executive Peter Crewe believes the awards are “great recognition” for the hard work done by the business to launch AIA Vitality.
“After two years of primary and secondary research, we brought AIA Vitality to Australia, and now we’re hitting the ground running,” he said.
“We are convinced that AIA Vitality can have a positive impact on Australia’s health, while at the same time revolutionising the life insurance industry,” he added.
The Association of Financial Advisers’ chief executive Brad Fox explained the AFA’s theme for 2014 is “Innovate: Think, Create, Act”.
“We are very excited to see how the AIA Vitality initiative has challenged the fundamental way insurance connects with consumers. It’s a new conversation”, he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- 14 Aug 2018Hub24 agrees to distribute Challenger annuitiesBy Reporter
- view all