AIA Australia has received two awards for its recently launched AIA Vitality program, the life insurer has announced.
AIA Vitality won both CANSTAR’s Innovation Excellence Award and the AFA’s Innovation Award for Best Risk Product 2014.
The AIA Vitality program uses research in behavioural economics, incentivisation and wellness to encourage people to take steps towards a healthy lifestyle, according to a statement from AIA.
The program was launched on March 6, following a pilot program undertaken with a limited number of advisers.
AIA Australia chief executive Peter Crewe believes the awards are “great recognition” for the hard work done by the business to launch AIA Vitality.
“After two years of primary and secondary research, we brought AIA Vitality to Australia, and now we’re hitting the ground running,” he said.
“We are convinced that AIA Vitality can have a positive impact on Australia’s health, while at the same time revolutionising the life insurance industry,” he added.
The Association of Financial Advisers’ chief executive Brad Fox explained the AFA’s theme for 2014 is “Innovate: Think, Create, Act”.
“We are very excited to see how the AIA Vitality initiative has challenged the fundamental way insurance connects with consumers. It’s a new conversation”, he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Dec 2018FASEA names provider for adviser examBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Dec 2018Former Liberal leader to join Crescent boardBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- view all