The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) has appointed AIA Australia head of adviser services Pina Sciarrone as chair of the AFA Foundation.
Ms Sciarrone will succeed AFA Victorian state director Esther Althaus, who has held the position for the past year.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said the AFA is looking forward to working with Ms Sciarrone who has a career in financial services spanning more than 20 years.
“We are delighted to now have Pina working with us to lead the work of the AFA Foundation both within and outside the financial advice community,” he said
“The role of the AFA Foundation chair is integral to making sure AFA members and corporate partners are involved in the charitable spirit of the AFA and are given the opportunity to make a difference in new ways within their local and national communities.”
Ms Sciarrone has held senior roles with AIA Australia since 2010 and has also worked at management level for Tower Australia.
In her new role, she hopes to “harness the spirit” of the charitable work already done by Australia’s advice community, Ms Sciarrone said.
“The AFA Foundation does a tremendous job in raising money with the support of Australia’s financial advisers for some great causes and I want to build on this success as a part of the role,” she said.
“Many financial advisers I work with do a lot of charitable work, often unnoticed, in their communities.
“If we can continue to harness this spirit, we will make a huge difference to the lives of those Australians who need our support the most.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Fund managers charging fees for underperformanceBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Government minister to address AFA conferenceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- view all