MLC has promoted the former head of sales, retail wealth products to general manager of advice partnerships.
Ross Branwell will take on the position, with over 20 years’ experience covering retail and institutional markets. He has also held various leadership positions in advice and distribution prior to joining MLC.
Executive general manager, wealth advice, John Flavell said he is confident that appointing Mr Branwell will strengthen the leadership team and also MLC and NAB Wealth’s position within the industry.
“Ross is client-centric and is very passionate about improving financial literacy for all Australians and is focused on improving the significant retirement savings gap that exists,” Mr Flavell said.
Mr Branwell holds a bachelor of economics degree from the University of Queensland, and a graduate diploma in applied finance and investments, MLC said. He is also a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018Hayne commission driving adviser tech shiftBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018InvestSMART launches maxed feesBy Sarah Simpkins
- 13 Nov 2018Advice demand soaring despite reputation hitBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018Former premier, advisers sound alarm on sex discriminationBy James Mitchell
- view all