MLC has promoted the former head of sales, retail wealth products to general manager of advice partnerships.
Ross Branwell will take on the position, with over 20 years’ experience covering retail and institutional markets. He has also held various leadership positions in advice and distribution prior to joining MLC.
Executive general manager, wealth advice, John Flavell said he is confident that appointing Mr Branwell will strengthen the leadership team and also MLC and NAB Wealth’s position within the industry.
“Ross is client-centric and is very passionate about improving financial literacy for all Australians and is focused on improving the significant retirement savings gap that exists,” Mr Flavell said.
Mr Branwell holds a bachelor of economics degree from the University of Queensland, and a graduate diploma in applied finance and investments, MLC said. He is also a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all