The Financial Planning Association’s Future2 foundation is seeking expressions of interest from financial planners interested in taking part in the 2014 Future2 Wheel Classic cycling race.
Participants in 2014 will be following a new 900km-plus route from Melbourne to Adelaide, concluding on the eve of the FPA Professionals' Congress in November.
“The Wheel Classic is all about financial planning professionals giving back to the community through their participation in the ride, just as they do every day through the quality financial advice they provide to clients,” said FPA chair Matthew Rowe.
“These dedicated financial planners are doing something they love while also helping to make better lives for young people who are in need and at risk.
“That’s a great result all round and the FPA commends our members who have committed to join in.”
Since May 2007, Future2 has made grants of over $300,000 to community charities and not-for-profit bodies working with disadvantaged young Australians. Each application comes to Future2 with the support of a financial planning professional.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Aug 2017Licensees need greater scrutiny, PJC hearsBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- view all