The Financial Planning Association’s Future2 foundation is seeking expressions of interest from financial planners interested in taking part in the 2014 Future2 Wheel Classic cycling race.
Participants in 2014 will be following a new 900km-plus route from Melbourne to Adelaide, concluding on the eve of the FPA Professionals' Congress in November.
“The Wheel Classic is all about financial planning professionals giving back to the community through their participation in the ride, just as they do every day through the quality financial advice they provide to clients,” said FPA chair Matthew Rowe.
“These dedicated financial planners are doing something they love while also helping to make better lives for young people who are in need and at risk.
“That’s a great result all round and the FPA commends our members who have committed to join in.”
Since May 2007, Future2 has made grants of over $300,000 to community charities and not-for-profit bodies working with disadvantaged young Australians. Each application comes to Future2 with the support of a financial planning professional.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 Jun 2018Sam Henderson to retire from financial adviceBy Reporter
- 25 Jun 2018CBA to spin off 'independent' CFS GroupBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018Awards night recognises young adviser of the yearBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018AMP chair urges RC to not to restrict business modelsBy Killian Plastow
- 22 Jun 2018David Murray takes reins as AMP chairmanBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018Fitzpatricks announces new licensee bossBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all