TAL-owned dealer group Affinia Financial Advisers has launched a thought leadership campaign to assist advisers create business models that put clients front and centre.
In a statement issued yesterday, Affinia chief executive Craig Parker said the risk-focused licensee aims to help advisers avoid simply “paying lip service” to the concept of client/customer centricity and actually implement progressive models, without having them enforced by government.
“If this industry is going to truly change and be a profession that genuinely embraces customer centricity, we should not have to wait for regulation to drive behaviours and actions,” Mr Parker said.
“The advice community should stand up and self-regulate, and impose high standards to ensure we deliver the confidence for consumers to embrace the advice profession as we seek to help more Australians obtain the financial advice and protection they need.”
The campaign, which kicked off yesterday, will see the group showcasing leadership examples within the Affinia network that other advisers can learn from.
“We are sharing this not only within our own network but the wider advice community to contribute to its ongoing and evolving professionalism,” Mr Parker said.
“This is about engaging the community in a conversation about how we deliver on the promise of advice for the end-customer.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Jul 2018Sunsuper makes new board appointmentBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018Cardena announces partnership with loan brokerageBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018Royal Commission reveals round five focusBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018FASEA issues draft professional year guidanceBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018AAT reduces adviser’s banning periodBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018BT announces Panorama pricing changesBy Reporter
- view all