ANZ has appointed a new general manager for small business banking to support its clients amid improving economic conditions.
Kate Gibson will start in the new Melbourne-based role on March 24, reporting to managing director of corporate and commercial banking, Mark Whelan.
“Kate is the ideal leader to support our customers as they take advantage of improving economic conditions,” Mr Whelan said.
“Her experience in developing strong teams and growing businesses will be a tremendous asset to ANZ and our small business customers.”
ANZ said Ms Gibson has “diverse experience in financial services” spanning telecommunications, healthcare and government services sectors across Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Brazil.
Her most recent role, which she commenced in 2011, was general manager, greater Melbourne, for ANZ’s branch network.
ANZ also announced that general manager of regional business banking Tania Motton has been given additional responsibility for corporate and commercial banking in South Australia, which she has been responsible for in an acting capacity since November last year.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 05:37Netwealth sees silver lining in Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Feb 2019Great advisers are going to thrive: Dow JonesBy Eliot Hastie
- view all