Professional Investment Services (PIS) has named a new regional manager for Queensland and Northern NSW, amid a raft of appointments at parent company Centrepoint Alliance.
In a statement issued yesterday, Centrepoint Alliance managing director John de Zwart announced that former PIS practice consultant Simon Backman has been promoted to regional manager of the dealer group in Queensland and Northern NSW.
‘His extensive background in the financial services industry includes practice development, practice management, senior financial planning and finance, which places him in good stead to continue offering trusted support and development to our network,” Mr de Zwart said.
Other appointments include David Spiteri, who re-joins the group as national manager, life insurance; Theodore Hatsis as head of research; and the new head of distribution strategy and marketing, Neil Rogan.
“These appointments are yet another step forward for Centrepoint as we continue to build on the expertise within the team to provide our networks with consistent, quality and reliable services across key business streams – practice development, marketing and technical expertise,” Mr de Zwart said.
“Centrepoint will continue to reduce the compliance and administrative burden on advisers by lowering the principals’ working hours, allowing them to cut back on the number of back-office and support staff or spend more time with new and existing clients, freeing them up for the satisfying and rewarding aspects of being a financial adviser.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:00CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 09:55Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 09:50Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- 14 Aug 2018Hub24 agrees to distribute Challenger annuitiesBy Reporter
- view all