The Association of Independently Owned Financial Professionals has recruited a former industry fund and trade union executive to head member services.
In an email to members yesterday, seen by ifa, AIOFP executive director Peter Johnston announced that Ray Bailey has joined the association to “manage our expanding range of members based out of Sydney”.
Mr Bailey was formerly a trustee and manager of financial services at Local Super/State Wide Superannuation Industry Funds as well as the secretary of a white-collar workers’ union.
“This position reflects the growing member base of the association and its range of services,” Mr Johnston said. “Ray’s objective is to encourage participation and recruit new members to the fold.”
The appointment comes ahead of the AIOFP’s offshore conference in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, next month.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all