The Association of Independently Owned Financial Professionals has recruited a former industry fund and trade union executive to head member services.
In an email to members yesterday, seen by ifa, AIOFP executive director Peter Johnston announced that Ray Bailey has joined the association to “manage our expanding range of members based out of Sydney”.
Mr Bailey was formerly a trustee and manager of financial services at Local Super/State Wide Superannuation Industry Funds as well as the secretary of a white-collar workers’ union.
“This position reflects the growing member base of the association and its range of services,” Mr Johnston said. “Ray’s objective is to encourage participation and recruit new members to the fold.”
The appointment comes ahead of the AIOFP’s offshore conference in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, next month.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Feb 2019Great advisers are going to thrive: Dow JonesBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- view all