The Association of Independently Owned Financial Professionals has recruited a former industry fund and trade union executive to head member services.
In an email to members yesterday, seen by ifa, AIOFP executive director Peter Johnston announced that Ray Bailey has joined the association to “manage our expanding range of members based out of Sydney”.
Mr Bailey was formerly a trustee and manager of financial services at Local Super/State Wide Superannuation Industry Funds as well as the secretary of a white-collar workers’ union.
“This position reflects the growing member base of the association and its range of services,” Mr Johnston said. “Ray’s objective is to encourage participation and recruit new members to the fold.”
The appointment comes ahead of the AIOFP’s offshore conference in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, next month.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 7 Dec 2018New ASIC deputy chair announcedBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018Growth companies fund added to Macquarie WrapBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018ASIC makes unique AFSL decision on foreign adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018AFCA sees 47% rise in complaintsBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018FASEA disadvantages women and older advisers, says licenseeBy Adrian Flores
- 6 Dec 2018ASIC reveals adviser levies for 2017-18By Adrian Flores
- view all