The Association of Independently Owned Financial Professionals has recruited a former industry fund and trade union executive to head member services.
In an email to members yesterday, seen by ifa, AIOFP executive director Peter Johnston announced that Ray Bailey has joined the association to “manage our expanding range of members based out of Sydney”.
Mr Bailey was formerly a trustee and manager of financial services at Local Super/State Wide Superannuation Industry Funds as well as the secretary of a white-collar workers’ union.
“This position reflects the growing member base of the association and its range of services,” Mr Johnston said. “Ray’s objective is to encourage participation and recruit new members to the fold.”
The appointment comes ahead of the AIOFP’s offshore conference in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, next month.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Sep 2017ASIC permanently bans unlicensed SMSF spruikerBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Sep 2017Advisers recognised at Women in Finance AwardsBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Advisers not fully aware of LIF impacts: ZurichBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Red tape forces SMEs to cut staffBy Adam Zuchetti and Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Sep 2017Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- view all