Suncorp Bank has announced a new head of its third-party intermediaries business to replace outgoing exec Steven Heavey.
A statement issued yesterday announced that the role would be filled by Steven Degetto, who has been acting head of intermediaries for the past three months.
As state manager of intermediaries for Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and Western Australia for Suncorp Bank, Mr Degetto has been a key player in the bank’s intermediaries leadership team over the past two years.
According to the statement, Mr Degetto “has been heavily involved in strategy design, change implementation and the overall success of the intermediaries channel”.
Suncorp Bank’s executive general manager, Danny Robinson, said: “Steven is passionate about the third party industry and brings over 20 years' banking experience to the role.
“Steven will continue to deliver on the things that matter to our brokers, like our service guarantee, providing direct access to a credit assessor, real time online access to submitted applications and our expert BDM support,” Mr Robinson said.
Mr Degetto has previously held senior positions with Macquarie Bank and the Commonwealth Bank and is backed by significant experience in the third party distribution channel.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jul 2018CPA shuts financial advice divisionBy Reporter
- 20 Jul 2018Don't neglect AI, advisers warnedBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jul 2018AMP unveils new in-house training programBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Self-licensed adviser cops 4-year ASIC banBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Hub24 to launch new core offeringBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018SMSF sector warns about advice ‘exodus’By Miranda Brownlee
- view all