Financial planning M&A consultant Radar Results has recruited the founder of dealer group Premium Wealth Management to help service rapid demand for broker services in Queensland.
Experienced financial services executive Grant Agnew will join the national team, working with clients across Queensland and helping Radar Results to expand into the Cairns region.
In a statement, the company said the move is due to the fact that “Queensland has been Radar’s busiest state, with currently 23 practices looking to sell, 28 per cent of [its] sellers nationally”.
Mr Agnew, a public accountant and financial planner, was a founding director of Premium Accounting Group Ltd, which later became Premium Wealth Management and had $2 billion in funds under management in his personal practice when it sold in 2013.
The development comes as the government moves to bring more clarity to the FOFA grandfathering provisions, with Radar Results claiming the proposed changes will “free up sales” in the financial planning market.
Correction: This article previously implied that Premium Wealth Management had been sold in 2013. Rather, the transaction referred to involved Mr Agnew's personal practice.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Nov 2018ClearView launches dealer services offerBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Nov 2018Lonsec introduces super research to advisersBy Sarah Simpkins
- 19 Nov 2018FASEA releases standards blueprintBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- view all