Financial planning M&A consultant Radar Results has recruited the founder of dealer group Premium Wealth Management to help service rapid demand for broker services in Queensland.
Experienced financial services executive Grant Agnew will join the national team, working with clients across Queensland and helping Radar Results to expand into the Cairns region.
In a statement, the company said the move is due to the fact that “Queensland has been Radar’s busiest state, with currently 23 practices looking to sell, 28 per cent of [its] sellers nationally”.
Mr Agnew, a public accountant and financial planner, was a founding director of Premium Accounting Group Ltd, which later became Premium Wealth Management and had $2 billion in funds under management in his personal practice when it sold in 2013.
The development comes as the government moves to bring more clarity to the FOFA grandfathering provisions, with Radar Results claiming the proposed changes will “free up sales” in the financial planning market.
Correction: This article previously implied that Premium Wealth Management had been sold in 2013. Rather, the transaction referred to involved Mr Agnew's personal practice.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- view all