Financial planning M&A consultant Radar Results has recruited the founder of dealer group Premium Wealth Management to help service rapid demand for broker services in Queensland.
Experienced financial services executive Grant Agnew will join the national team, working with clients across Queensland and helping Radar Results to expand into the Cairns region.
In a statement, the company said the move is due to the fact that “Queensland has been Radar’s busiest state, with currently 23 practices looking to sell, 28 per cent of [its] sellers nationally”.
Mr Agnew, a public accountant and financial planner, was a founding director of Premium Accounting Group Ltd, which later became Premium Wealth Management and had $2 billion in funds under management in his personal practice when it sold in 2013.
The development comes as the government moves to bring more clarity to the FOFA grandfathering provisions, with Radar Results claiming the proposed changes will “free up sales” in the financial planning market.
Correction: This article previously implied that Premium Wealth Management had been sold in 2013. Rather, the transaction referred to involved Mr Agnew's personal practice.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Sep 2017ASIC permanently bans unlicensed SMSF spruikerBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Sep 2017Advisers recognised at Women in Finance AwardsBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Advisers not fully aware of LIF impacts: ZurichBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Red tape forces SMEs to cut staffBy Adam Zuchetti and Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Sep 2017Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- view all