The Australian Securities and Investments Commission has banned a Queensland-based insurance-specialist financial adviser for a period of nine months.
In a statement issued today, ASIC announced that Alistair Frank McCreath, an authorised representative of Australian Life Insurance Distribution Pty Ltd, has been banned from providing financial services for 8 months after becoming an “undischarged bankrupt”.
“The ban is lifted when Mr McCreath’s bankruptcy ends”, the statement said.
More to come.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 09:42Only 12% of advice practices have exit plansBy Adrian Flores
- 09:42CIPRs need to account for future mortality rates, study findsBy Adrian Flores
- 09:42Freedom halts selling of life insuranceBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018New ASIC deputy chair announcedBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018Growth companies fund added to Macquarie WrapBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018ASIC makes unique AFSL decision on foreign adviserBy Adrian Flores
- view all