The Australian Securities and Investments Commission has banned a Queensland-based insurance-specialist financial adviser for a period of nine months.
In a statement issued today, ASIC announced that Alistair Frank McCreath, an authorised representative of Australian Life Insurance Distribution Pty Ltd, has been banned from providing financial services for 8 months after becoming an “undischarged bankrupt”.
“The ban is lifted when Mr McCreath’s bankruptcy ends”, the statement said.
More to come.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Mar 2018ASIC defends enforcement decisionsBy Killian Plastow
- 20 Mar 2018O’Dwyer stands firm on educationBy Killian Plastow and Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Mar 2018Zurich opts to keep OnePath brandBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Mar 2018FASEA opens consultation on education pathwaysBy Staff Reporter
- 19 Mar 2018Partnership launches as ‘alternative to self-licensing’By Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Mar 2018ANZ to suspend asset finance lendingBy Staff Reporter
- view all