The Australian Securities and Investments Commission has banned a Queensland-based insurance-specialist financial adviser for a period of nine months.
In a statement issued today, ASIC announced that Alistair Frank McCreath, an authorised representative of Australian Life Insurance Distribution Pty Ltd, has been banned from providing financial services for 8 months after becoming an “undischarged bankrupt”.
“The ban is lifted when Mr McCreath’s bankruptcy ends”, the statement said.
More to come.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- 14 Aug 2018Hub24 agrees to distribute Challenger annuitiesBy Reporter
- 13 Aug 2018ASIC sets sights on AFSL supervisionBy Reporter
- 13 Aug 2018Licensees will ‘cease to exist’: GPS WealthBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 13 Aug 2018FASEA standards to halve adviser numbersBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all