The Australian Securities and Investments Commission has banned a Queensland-based insurance-specialist financial adviser for a period of nine months.
In a statement issued today, ASIC announced that Alistair Frank McCreath, an authorised representative of Australian Life Insurance Distribution Pty Ltd, has been banned from providing financial services for 8 months after becoming an “undischarged bankrupt”.
“The ban is lifted when Mr McCreath’s bankruptcy ends”, the statement said.
More to come.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Feb 2019Great advisers are going to thrive: Dow JonesBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- view all