Bendigo Financial Planning has penned a sale agreement with a Geelong-based financial planning firm, under the terms of which the bank has acquired the company.
In a deal finalised in October, Bendigo Financial Planning Limited – a subsidiary of the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank – has acquired Wheeler Financial Services, a firm based in Geelong West in Victoria.
“Following this sale, planners transitioning from Wheelers will operate as part of Bendigo Financial Planning,” said a statement on the bank's website. “To help ensure minimal disruption, Wheelers staff will remain within the business and will continue to work from their existing office located.
“However, the Wheelers brand will change from Wheeler Financial Services to Bendigo Financial Planning.”
More to come.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers' interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- 17 Aug 2018Assess super on value not fees, Rice Warner urgesBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Aug 2018ANZ taken to task over ‘misleading’ general adviceBy Reporter
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- view all