NSW Central Coast-based accounting firm Coleman & Co has recently joined dealer group Omniwealth Services under the name of Ravenwood Financial Services.
Principals Janine Ravenwood and Greg Coleman said the move to the new licensee was influenced by the fact that Omniwealth is the only dealer group with an APL for direct investments, including equities, and direct residential property, an asset class with strong client demand.
Mr Coleman said the firm had been looking to bring its financial planning business in-house for some time.
“Our main driver in doing this is to add significant value to our existing clients and to attract new clients in our area,” he explained.
According to Mr Coleman, the main reasons for the firm joining Omniwealth included the dealer group’s philosophies, size, energy and flat fee model.
“Many of our clients have been looking to us to provide them with a quality financial planning solution and Omniwealth allows us to do that,” he said.
“As we are taking over a Manly-based accounting practice next year the timing for the move to Omniwealth is perfect.”
Omniwealth managing director Matthew Kidd said the NSW Central Coast is a rapidly growing area, especially for professionals looking to commute from the CBD.
“It is a region we want to have a presence in,” said Mr Kidd.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Oct 2018ANZ under fire over ‘conflicted’ IOOF dealBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018Advisers should be early call in divorce casesBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018War with Dover ‘destroyed me’, says ex-adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018Macquarie adds Insight fund to platformBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018FASEA is setting a new standard for the industry: Assistant TreasurerBy Eliot Hastie
- view all