NSW Central Coast-based accounting firm Coleman & Co has recently joined dealer group Omniwealth Services under the name of Ravenwood Financial Services.
Principals Janine Ravenwood and Greg Coleman said the move to the new licensee was influenced by the fact that Omniwealth is the only dealer group with an APL for direct investments, including equities, and direct residential property, an asset class with strong client demand.
Mr Coleman said the firm had been looking to bring its financial planning business in-house for some time.
“Our main driver in doing this is to add significant value to our existing clients and to attract new clients in our area,” he explained.
According to Mr Coleman, the main reasons for the firm joining Omniwealth included the dealer group’s philosophies, size, energy and flat fee model.
“Many of our clients have been looking to us to provide them with a quality financial planning solution and Omniwealth allows us to do that,” he said.
“As we are taking over a Manly-based accounting practice next year the timing for the move to Omniwealth is perfect.”
Omniwealth managing director Matthew Kidd said the NSW Central Coast is a rapidly growing area, especially for professionals looking to commute from the CBD.
“It is a region we want to have a presence in,” said Mr Kidd.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Aug 2017Former ANZ adviser banned for lifeBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Aug 2017Industry veteran joins Bondi boutique’s boardBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Aug 2017Invest in next generation, says AWSBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017O’Dwyer announces EDR transition panelBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Aug 2017ASIC reveals recent enforcement activityBy Larissa Waterson
- 22 Aug 2017Advisers must become ‘lifestyle coaches’: ZurichBy Jessica Yun
- view all