MLC has reduced fees for its MasterKey Investment Protection product, offering customers a lower cost option for retirement funds management.
The fee reduction addresses concerns revealed in a recent MLC Investment Trends survey which found that when it comes to retirement savings, individuals believe they are “least prepared” for outliving their pension income and falls in financial markets.
“People saving for retirement are faced with the unique challenge of having to maintain an investment in growth assets in order to build sufficient savings, and convert these savings into an income stream to last their lifetime,” MLC's general manager for retirement solutions, Andrew Barnett, said.
“This all has to be balanced with managing their exposure to market risks.
“We’re pleased to be able to reduce the cost of MLC MasterKey Investment protection for people saving for or already in retirement, so they can invest for growth while protecting their retirement savings or income.”
The MLC MasterKey Investment Protection allows customers to, say, invest in growth assets as well as protect their superannuation from market downturns.
The product is designed for individuals over 50 with accumulated savings of between $30,000 and $2 million.
The reduction in fees applies both to protect capital and income for new customers and is already in effect.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Jun 2018AMP chair urges RC to not to restrict business modelsBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018David Murray takes reins as AMP chairmanBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018Fitzpatricks announces new licensee bossBy Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Jun 2018AFSL regime stifling client-centric advice: FPABy Killian Plastow
- 21 Jun 2018Henderson Maxwell to merge with AZ NGA firmBy Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Jun 2018Aon caught lying about Dover licensing offerBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all