Financial services lawyer Peter Bobbin of Rockwell Olivier is teaming up with AFSL consultancy My Dealer Services (MDS) to provide compliance review services for independent advisers.
It was announced at the recent Association of Independently Owned Financial Professionals (AIOFP) national conference in Hobart that Mr Bobbin has been given the responsibility of providing AFSL reviews and will work with MDS to deliver the service.
“The selection of MDS to undertake the task of ensuring AIOFP members' AFSL requirements are in order was an easy choice as their industry reputation has been built on the successful processing of over 100 license applications for advisers and dealer groups,” Mr Bobbin said.
AIOFP executive director Peter Johnston said he was confident that AIOFP members will appreciate the benefits that will be delivered through the AFSL review offering.
In addition, Mr Johnston said “that any potential issues will be identified and remedied, resulting in a complete package for not only the licensee, but for any other interested parties such as ASIC or prospective buyers”.
Under the new arrangement, practice appraisals for the AIOFP’ s membership of more than 90 independently owned AFSLs will remain the responsibility of Frank Smith’s Adviser Compliance Services.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- 14 Aug 2018Hub24 agrees to distribute Challenger annuitiesBy Reporter
- 13 Aug 2018ASIC sets sights on AFSL supervisionBy Reporter
- 13 Aug 2018Licensees will ‘cease to exist’: GPS WealthBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 13 Aug 2018FASEA standards to halve adviser numbersBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all