Investment manager AQR Capital Management (AQR) is continuing to aid adviser education by releasing a white paper guiding advisers through alternative investments.
The white paper, ‘A Better Approach to Alternative Investing’, explains the nature of liquid alternative investments and their construction, helping advisers address growing client demand for new sources of return.
AQR principal and country head Jeff Dunn said that “the demand for education also extended to independent advisers, which led AQR to embark on a range of educational programs when entering the advisers channel in 2011”.
The paper and its online questionnaire have been accredited by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) and were developed in consultation with dealer groups, with continuing professional development in mind.
AQR’s white paper also addresses issues in liquid alternative strategies such as criteria for choosing an investment, the economic rationale for strategies and how to build a diversified portfolio.
In addition to producing white papers, AQR conducts in-house education programs for financial professionals.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 28 Jun 2017Treasury reveals details of new ASIC powersBy Staff Reporter
- 28 Jun 2017Fintech take-up doubles in AustraliaBy Tim Stewart
- 28 Jun 2017ASIC disqualifies SMSF auditorBy Staff Reporter
- 28 Jun 2017Advisers look to working on-the-go: BTBy Staff Reporter
- 28 Jun 2017FPA and AFA at odds over independenceBy Aleks Vickovich
- 28 Jun 2017Netwealth sees rise in FUMABy Staff Reporter
- view all