Investment manager AQR Capital Management (AQR) is continuing to aid adviser education by releasing a white paper guiding advisers through alternative investments.
The white paper, ‘A Better Approach to Alternative Investing’, explains the nature of liquid alternative investments and their construction, helping advisers address growing client demand for new sources of return.
AQR principal and country head Jeff Dunn said that “the demand for education also extended to independent advisers, which led AQR to embark on a range of educational programs when entering the advisers channel in 2011”.
The paper and its online questionnaire have been accredited by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) and were developed in consultation with dealer groups, with continuing professional development in mind.
AQR’s white paper also addresses issues in liquid alternative strategies such as criteria for choosing an investment, the economic rationale for strategies and how to build a diversified portfolio.
In addition to producing white papers, AQR conducts in-house education programs for financial professionals.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jul 2018CPA shuts financial advice divisionBy Reporter
- 20 Jul 2018Don't neglect AI, advisers warnedBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jul 2018AMP unveils new in-house training programBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Self-licensed adviser cops 4-year ASIC banBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Hub24 to launch new core offeringBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018SMSF sector warns about advice ‘exodus’By Miranda Brownlee
- view all