Investment manager AQR Capital Management (AQR) is continuing to aid adviser education by releasing a white paper guiding advisers through alternative investments.
The white paper, ‘A Better Approach to Alternative Investing’, explains the nature of liquid alternative investments and their construction, helping advisers address growing client demand for new sources of return.
AQR principal and country head Jeff Dunn said that “the demand for education also extended to independent advisers, which led AQR to embark on a range of educational programs when entering the advisers channel in 2011”.
The paper and its online questionnaire have been accredited by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) and were developed in consultation with dealer groups, with continuing professional development in mind.
AQR’s white paper also addresses issues in liquid alternative strategies such as criteria for choosing an investment, the economic rationale for strategies and how to build a diversified portfolio.
In addition to producing white papers, AQR conducts in-house education programs for financial professionals.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Sep 2018Linchpin funded advice business in liquidationBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018McMaster: Where was ASIC on Beacon, CBA and AMP?By James Mitchell
- 18 Sep 2018Peter Kell resigns as deputy chair of ASICBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Sep 2018Two former Macquarie advisers given 10-year banBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Sep 2018Raiz addresses Millennial advice gap with chatbotBy Reporter
- 18 Sep 2018FASEA a ‘disaster’ destroying the industry: AIOFPBy James Mitchell
- view all