State Street Global Advisors (SSgA) has launched Australia’s first global real estate and global dividend exchange traded funds (ETFs) following investor demand for international offerings.
SSgA said its new SPDR Dow Jones Global Real Estate, SPDR S&P Global Dividend and SPDR S&P Emerging Markets funds offer domestic investors access to “important international equity building blocks.”
“The great thing about these new ETFs is that they combine both the higher income and global access that investors are looking for,” SSgA head of SPDR ETFs in Australia Amanda Skelly said.
“These solutions help overcome some of the concentration factors relating to the Australian market where income and total return are driven by a relatively limited number of companies and sectors.”
“These products will also suit the needs of many self-managed super fund (SMSF) investors, who are seeking access to offshore opportunities without sacrificing the need for income.”
SSgA said they developed the new ETFS specifically for investors looking for administratively simple and tax-efficient options to international investment.
With more than 70 per cent of net cash flows this year being invested in international ETFs, Ms Skelly said the new products will be attractive to Australian investors seeking high income “in addition to the opportunities that global investments represent.”
The SPDR Dow Jones Global Real Estate Fund and the SPDR S&P Global Dividend Fund are available now on the ASX with the SPDR S&P Emerging Markets Fund to be available later in the month.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Apr 2018Govt launches new corporate criminal crackdownBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018AMP CEO retires immediatelyBy Reporter
- 19 Apr 2018Commission questions compulsory FPA membershipBy Killian Plastow
- 19 Apr 2018CBA admits to fresh FOFA breachesBy Reporter
- 18 Apr 2018Royal commission villains could face jailBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Apr 2018CBA accused of ‘misleading’ royal commissionBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- view all