Premium Wealth Management has appointed Ibbotson Associates Australia, a unit of Morningstar, as its investment consultant to better equip advisers following the FOFA reforms.
Under the arrangement, Ibbotson will provide Premium with retail investment consulting and advice capabilities, including investment and governance oversight, asset allocation advice and dealer group and practice support.
“We’re pleased to be working with premium,” Ibbotson Associates Australia managing director Chris Galloway said.
“In the FOFA environment, the dealer groups that will succeed will be those adopting best-practice solutions to enable their advisers to deliver quality advice tailored to individual investor needs.
“Ibbotson’s expertise in asset allocation, portfolio construction, and managed account solutions gives Premium and other dealer groups access to these capabilities and the resources to help them meet these challenges.”
In addition, Premium will release a range of managed account portfolios to provide premium advisers with a greater ability to service clients' needs.
The new portfolios will leverage from Ibbotson’s capital markets research, asset allocation and portfolio construction.
“There are many advantages to working with Ibbotson and being able to draw on its global capabilities,” Premium chief executive Paul Harding-Davis said.
“We have a high degree of confidence that with this support, Premium can further strengthen our adviser’s never-ending efforts to deliver better client outcomes.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all