Premium Wealth Management has appointed Ibbotson Associates Australia, a unit of Morningstar, as its investment consultant to better equip advisers following the FOFA reforms.
Under the arrangement, Ibbotson will provide Premium with retail investment consulting and advice capabilities, including investment and governance oversight, asset allocation advice and dealer group and practice support.
“We’re pleased to be working with premium,” Ibbotson Associates Australia managing director Chris Galloway said.
“In the FOFA environment, the dealer groups that will succeed will be those adopting best-practice solutions to enable their advisers to deliver quality advice tailored to individual investor needs.
“Ibbotson’s expertise in asset allocation, portfolio construction, and managed account solutions gives Premium and other dealer groups access to these capabilities and the resources to help them meet these challenges.”
In addition, Premium will release a range of managed account portfolios to provide premium advisers with a greater ability to service clients' needs.
The new portfolios will leverage from Ibbotson’s capital markets research, asset allocation and portfolio construction.
“There are many advantages to working with Ibbotson and being able to draw on its global capabilities,” Premium chief executive Paul Harding-Davis said.
“We have a high degree of confidence that with this support, Premium can further strengthen our adviser’s never-ending efforts to deliver better client outcomes.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Oct 2018Private banking has no place for bad advisersBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Oct 2018CBA admits failure to tackle conflicted adviceBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Oct 2018Former BT exec joins mortgage and financial advice groupBy Reporter
- 16 Oct 2018ANZ under fire over ‘conflicted’ IOOF dealBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018Advisers should be early call in divorce casesBy Adrian Flores
- view all