The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) has announced the recipient of the Rising Star of the Year Award, recognising the industry’s talented up and comers.
Ravi Agarwal of Mediq Financial Services, an authorised representative of non-aligned dealer group Synchron, has been named as the 2013 AFA Rising Star in a ceremony at the national AFA conference on the Gold Coast yesterday.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said Mr Agarwal has made a demonstrable contribution to ongoing education and quality advice, describing the award winner as an “excellent role model” for young advisers.
“Ravi has established himself as a highly educated, hard working and trustworthy financial adviser, and is a great example of the younger generation that are building enviable careers in financial advice,” Mr Fox said.
Mr Agarwal was also singled out for his pro bono work and contribution to the wider community.
Mediq Financial Services specialises in providing accounting and financial planning services for clients in the medical profession.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Jan 2019Former Dover and Synchron adviser banned for five yearsBy Eliot Hastie
- 24 Jan 2019Very few Australians save and even fewer invest their moneyBy Reporter
- 24 Jan 2019Advisers undercharging clients for efforts, says CEOBy Adrian Flores
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- view all