Industry fund Local Government Super (LGS) has pointed to its environmentalist credentials, with a number of recent accolades from international bodies and some key ‘green’ investments.
According to a statement from the fund, LGS has been awarded a Green Star rating from the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark and a ‘highly commended’ accolade from the Green Globe Awards.
The recognition comes off the back of the fund’s investment in the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development’s (EBRD's) Green Bond – the only Australian superannuation fund to invest in this asset, which was issued in September.
“Our decision to invest in the EBRD bond reflects our long-standing view that investing sustainably is the key to delivering returns to our members over horizons in the order of 40 years or more,” said LGS chief executive Peter Lambert.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Oct 2017Managed accounts drive revenue: researchBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Midwinter and PractiFI announce integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Hub24 announces partnership with EurozBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Former NZ PM joins ANZBy Staff Reporter
- view all