Industry fund Local Government Super (LGS) has pointed to its environmentalist credentials, with a number of recent accolades from international bodies and some key ‘green’ investments.
According to a statement from the fund, LGS has been awarded a Green Star rating from the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark and a ‘highly commended’ accolade from the Green Globe Awards.
The recognition comes off the back of the fund’s investment in the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development’s (EBRD's) Green Bond – the only Australian superannuation fund to invest in this asset, which was issued in September.
“Our decision to invest in the EBRD bond reflects our long-standing view that investing sustainably is the key to delivering returns to our members over horizons in the order of 40 years or more,” said LGS chief executive Peter Lambert.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:22ANZ concedes ‘unacceptable’ adviser monitoringBy Aleks Vickovich
- 10:08FSC backs stronger misconduct penaltiesBy Reporter
- 09:52Royal commission to drive IFA ascendancy: UK researcherBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018Govt launches new corporate criminal crackdownBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018AMP CEO retires immediatelyBy Reporter
- 19 Apr 2018Commission questions compulsory FPA membershipBy Killian Plastow
- view all