Industry fund Local Government Super (LGS) has pointed to its environmentalist credentials, with a number of recent accolades from international bodies and some key ‘green’ investments.
According to a statement from the fund, LGS has been awarded a Green Star rating from the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark and a ‘highly commended’ accolade from the Green Globe Awards.
The recognition comes off the back of the fund’s investment in the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development’s (EBRD's) Green Bond – the only Australian superannuation fund to invest in this asset, which was issued in September.
“Our decision to invest in the EBRD bond reflects our long-standing view that investing sustainably is the key to delivering returns to our members over horizons in the order of 40 years or more,” said LGS chief executive Peter Lambert.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018Hayne commission driving adviser tech shiftBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018InvestSMART launches maxed feesBy Sarah Simpkins
- 13 Nov 2018Advice demand soaring despite reputation hitBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018Former premier, advisers sound alarm on sex discriminationBy James Mitchell
- view all