Industry fund Local Government Super (LGS) has pointed to its environmentalist credentials, with a number of recent accolades from international bodies and some key ‘green’ investments.
According to a statement from the fund, LGS has been awarded a Green Star rating from the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark and a ‘highly commended’ accolade from the Green Globe Awards.
The recognition comes off the back of the fund’s investment in the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development’s (EBRD's) Green Bond – the only Australian superannuation fund to invest in this asset, which was issued in September.
“Our decision to invest in the EBRD bond reflects our long-standing view that investing sustainably is the key to delivering returns to our members over horizons in the order of 40 years or more,” said LGS chief executive Peter Lambert.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- view all