Industry fund Local Government Super (LGS) has pointed to its environmentalist credentials, with a number of recent accolades from international bodies and some key ‘green’ investments.
According to a statement from the fund, LGS has been awarded a Green Star rating from the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark and a ‘highly commended’ accolade from the Green Globe Awards.
The recognition comes off the back of the fund’s investment in the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development’s (EBRD's) Green Bond – the only Australian superannuation fund to invest in this asset, which was issued in September.
“Our decision to invest in the EBRD bond reflects our long-standing view that investing sustainably is the key to delivering returns to our members over horizons in the order of 40 years or more,” said LGS chief executive Peter Lambert.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jul 2018CPA shuts financial advice divisionBy Reporter
- 20 Jul 2018Don't neglect AI, advisers warnedBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jul 2018AMP unveils new in-house training programBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Self-licensed adviser cops 4-year ASIC banBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Hub24 to launch new core offeringBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018SMSF sector warns about advice ‘exodus’By Miranda Brownlee
- view all