Industry fund Local Government Super (LGS) has pointed to its environmentalist credentials, with a number of recent accolades from international bodies and some key ‘green’ investments.
According to a statement from the fund, LGS has been awarded a Green Star rating from the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark and a ‘highly commended’ accolade from the Green Globe Awards.
The recognition comes off the back of the fund’s investment in the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development’s (EBRD's) Green Bond – the only Australian superannuation fund to invest in this asset, which was issued in September.
“Our decision to invest in the EBRD bond reflects our long-standing view that investing sustainably is the key to delivering returns to our members over horizons in the order of 40 years or more,” said LGS chief executive Peter Lambert.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 28 Jun 2017Treasury reveals details of new ASIC powersBy Staff Reporter
- 28 Jun 2017Fintech take-up doubles in AustraliaBy Tim Stewart
- 28 Jun 2017ASIC disqualifies SMSF auditorBy Staff Reporter
- 28 Jun 2017Advisers look to working on-the-go: BTBy Staff Reporter
- 28 Jun 2017FPA and AFA at odds over independenceBy Aleks Vickovich
- 28 Jun 2017Netwealth sees rise in FUMABy Staff Reporter
- view all