AMP has expanded its toehold in New Zealand, with four new financial planning practices joining the AdviceFirst network, of which it is a majority stakeholder.
AdviceFirst has bedded down the acquisition of John Grogan Insurances Lyd, Advice 4 U, Bob Edwards Insurance and Investments Ltd and Colin Strang Financial Services Ltd, bringing the total number of qualified advisers to 39 across New Zealand.
“AdviceFirst has a commitment to providing the highest quality advice and as a result of these aquisitions, we’re excited to welcome a significant number of new clients and demonstrate our unique value proposition to them,” said AdviceFirst executive chairman Peter Chote.
“We’re particularly pleased to be opening a new office in Dunedin as we continue to grow our presence nationwide.
“All our advisers benefit from access to [AMP’s Quality Advice Network], which provides them with an extensive range of services to support the delivery of quality financial advice for our expanding client base.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all