Accounting firm Moore Stephens Queensland has named a former AMP and AXA wealth management manager to head up its financial planning and SMSF divisions.
The Brisbane-based company has announced Bob Blurton has been recruited to the role of general manager of the wealth division, after 25 years with AMP.
“The decision to recruit Bob to lead our Wealth team was based on his extensive knowledge and expertise in the financial planning and wealth management sector,” said Moore Stephens managing director Ken Pickard.
“This significant appointment provides enormous opportunity for him to actively contribute to the overall growth strategy in financial planning and the booming self managed superannuation funds (SMSF) market.”
The firm has $800 million in funds under management, making it one of Australia’s largest regional financial services companies, with offices in Brisbane, Burdekin, Cairns, Innisfail, Townsville and Toowoomba.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Oct 2017Super bills tabled in Federal ParliamentBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Oct 2017IFAs drive exchange-traded bond demandBy Jessica Yun
- 23 Oct 2017Government to beef up misconduct penaltiesBy Killian Plastow
- 24 Oct 2017CPA hurt by ‘negative undertones’ in financial adviceBy Aleks Vickovich and Katarina Taurian
- 23 Oct 2017Fiducian prepares for leadership transitionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Industry association for insurance tech launchesBy Staff Reporter
- view all