Accounting firm Moore Stephens Queensland has named a former AMP and AXA wealth management manager to head up its financial planning and SMSF divisions.
The Brisbane-based company has announced Bob Blurton has been recruited to the role of general manager of the wealth division, after 25 years with AMP.
“The decision to recruit Bob to lead our Wealth team was based on his extensive knowledge and expertise in the financial planning and wealth management sector,” said Moore Stephens managing director Ken Pickard.
“This significant appointment provides enormous opportunity for him to actively contribute to the overall growth strategy in financial planning and the booming self managed superannuation funds (SMSF) market.”
The firm has $800 million in funds under management, making it one of Australia’s largest regional financial services companies, with offices in Brisbane, Burdekin, Cairns, Innisfail, Townsville and Toowoomba.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Apr 2018Govt launches new corporate criminal crackdownBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018AMP CEO retires immediatelyBy Reporter
- 19 Apr 2018Commission questions compulsory FPA membershipBy Killian Plastow
- 19 Apr 2018CBA admits to fresh FOFA breachesBy Reporter
- 18 Apr 2018Royal commission villains could face jailBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Apr 2018CBA accused of ‘misleading’ royal commissionBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- view all