Accounting firm Moore Stephens Queensland has named a former AMP and AXA wealth management manager to head up its financial planning and SMSF divisions.
The Brisbane-based company has announced Bob Blurton has been recruited to the role of general manager of the wealth division, after 25 years with AMP.
“The decision to recruit Bob to lead our Wealth team was based on his extensive knowledge and expertise in the financial planning and wealth management sector,” said Moore Stephens managing director Ken Pickard.
“This significant appointment provides enormous opportunity for him to actively contribute to the overall growth strategy in financial planning and the booming self managed superannuation funds (SMSF) market.”
The firm has $800 million in funds under management, making it one of Australia’s largest regional financial services companies, with offices in Brisbane, Burdekin, Cairns, Innisfail, Townsville and Toowoomba.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all