Accounting firm Moore Stephens Queensland has named a former AMP and AXA wealth management manager to head up its financial planning and SMSF divisions.
The Brisbane-based company has announced Bob Blurton has been recruited to the role of general manager of the wealth division, after 25 years with AMP.
“The decision to recruit Bob to lead our Wealth team was based on his extensive knowledge and expertise in the financial planning and wealth management sector,” said Moore Stephens managing director Ken Pickard.
“This significant appointment provides enormous opportunity for him to actively contribute to the overall growth strategy in financial planning and the booming self managed superannuation funds (SMSF) market.”
The firm has $800 million in funds under management, making it one of Australia’s largest regional financial services companies, with offices in Brisbane, Burdekin, Cairns, Innisfail, Townsville and Toowoomba.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all