Accounting firm Moore Stephens Queensland has named a former AMP and AXA wealth management manager to head up its financial planning and SMSF divisions.
The Brisbane-based company has announced Bob Blurton has been recruited to the role of general manager of the wealth division, after 25 years with AMP.
“The decision to recruit Bob to lead our Wealth team was based on his extensive knowledge and expertise in the financial planning and wealth management sector,” said Moore Stephens managing director Ken Pickard.
“This significant appointment provides enormous opportunity for him to actively contribute to the overall growth strategy in financial planning and the booming self managed superannuation funds (SMSF) market.”
The firm has $800 million in funds under management, making it one of Australia’s largest regional financial services companies, with offices in Brisbane, Burdekin, Cairns, Innisfail, Townsville and Toowoomba.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Feb 2019KeyInvest reduces administration feeBy Reporter
- 22 Feb 2019ASIC praises new whistleblower lawsBy James Mitchell
- 22 Feb 2019AFA scorns Labor plan to end grandfatheringBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019Paragem appoints new general managerBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Feb 2019CountPlus announces $2.6m profit, makes key acquisitionBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019NAB CEO given $1m payoutBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all