Environmental activist Erin Brockovich has given advice to the financial planning industry through YouTube ahead of her visit to Australia in October.
The video message was directed at members of the Financial Planning Association (FPA), whom she will be addressing at the FPA National Congress later in the year.
In the video, Ms Brockovich outlined that a desire to help others was something she felt she had in common with FPA members.
“So much of my life has been filled with obstacles and challenges and I took that energy and I channelled it into helping others, which I believe is an aspiration your congress shares as well in wanting to help your client,” she said.
With the industry currently focused on improving its public profile, Ms Brockovich emphasised the importance of maintaining a positive perception of self, regardless of how others may perceive you.
“We all have the power to choose how we see ourselves and our perception of ourselves,” she said.
Ms Brockovich added that she was looking forward to attending the FPA National Congress and sharing her story.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jun 2018FASEA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Sexual harassment debate sparked in US advice industryBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018Dealer group to appear before royal commission’s fourth roundBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018BT turns off grandfathered commissions for salaried advisersBy Killian Plastow
- 20 Jun 2018Product providers back Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Jun 2018Consultant calls for ‘restricted’ product adviceBy Tim Stewart
- view all