Environmental activist Erin Brockovich has given advice to the financial planning industry through YouTube ahead of her visit to Australia in October.
The video message was directed at members of the Financial Planning Association (FPA), whom she will be addressing at the FPA National Congress later in the year.
In the video, Ms Brockovich outlined that a desire to help others was something she felt she had in common with FPA members.
“So much of my life has been filled with obstacles and challenges and I took that energy and I channelled it into helping others, which I believe is an aspiration your congress shares as well in wanting to help your client,” she said.
With the industry currently focused on improving its public profile, Ms Brockovich emphasised the importance of maintaining a positive perception of self, regardless of how others may perceive you.
“We all have the power to choose how we see ourselves and our perception of ourselves,” she said.
Ms Brockovich added that she was looking forward to attending the FPA National Congress and sharing her story.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2018Product design laws could ‘undermine’ FOFABy Tim Stewart
- 20 Aug 2018Carve-outs must be addressed before commissions: AIOFPBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018Professional year an opportunity for exiting advisersBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018IOOF creates new executive advice roleBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018RBA attacks ‘sales’ culture within financial servicesBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018Super members ‘readily’ taken advantage of: RCBy Killian Plastow
- view all