Environmental activist Erin Brockovich has given advice to the financial planning industry through YouTube ahead of her visit to Australia in October.
The video message was directed at members of the Financial Planning Association (FPA), whom she will be addressing at the FPA National Congress later in the year.
In the video, Ms Brockovich outlined that a desire to help others was something she felt she had in common with FPA members.
“So much of my life has been filled with obstacles and challenges and I took that energy and I channelled it into helping others, which I believe is an aspiration your congress shares as well in wanting to help your client,” she said.
With the industry currently focused on improving its public profile, Ms Brockovich emphasised the importance of maintaining a positive perception of self, regardless of how others may perceive you.
“We all have the power to choose how we see ourselves and our perception of ourselves,” she said.
Ms Brockovich added that she was looking forward to attending the FPA National Congress and sharing her story.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Mar 2018FSC appoints CBA executive GM to boardBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Mar 2018TAL Direct refunds $900,000By Staff Reporter
- 23 Mar 2018Open banking to improve advice accessibility: XinjaBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Mar 2018Former Macquarie exec named CPA CEOBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Mar 2018Fintech Business Awards 2018 winners announcedBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Mar 2018CommInsure launches digital claims serviceBy Staff Reporter
- view all