Adviser of the Year nominees unveiled
The candidates for the Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) Adviser of the Year (AOTY) awards have been named, with the lion’s share of nominees coming from New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria.
The winner will be announced at the AFA national conference in October, with AFA chief executive Brad Fox recently telling ifa that the awards are an important opportunity to help mend the public image of the industry.
“Despite all the pressure our industry has been under over the past five years from the GFC to FOFA and all related issues, there are still advisers out there doing a great job,” Mr Fox said.
“The AOTY is all about shining a light on those that are our best players, and that helps to raise the bar across the industry and other advisers can aspire to be like them,” he added.
The 2013 nominees are:
New South Wales
- Nicholas Hatherly (Australian Financial Risk Management)
- Justine Black (Back to Back Financial Planning)
- Jeff Thurecht (Evalesco Financial Services)
- Gavin Latz (CountplusLR)
- Chris Bates (Property Planning)
- Peter Kirby (Life Risk Management)
- Russell Cain (Xlife)
- William Bracey (Sydney Financial Planning)
- Tania Gurney (Gurney Financial Services)
- Eleanor Dartnall (Dartnall Financial Advisers)
- Ross Vanderwolf (Rothgard)
- PJ Byrne (Mr Insurance)
- Peter Sarai (Modoras)
- Paul Little (Landmark Financial Management)
- Jon Morrow (P3 Financial Planning)
- Julie Lockeridge (Kimmorley Financial Management)
- Katerina Sousalis (Modoras)
- Tony Sarai (Modaras)
- Michael Grammatico (G Financial)
- Kylie Wright (Ulton)
- Rory Mooney (Wealth By Design)
- Adam McCann (Bartons)
- Fili Battisti (AFD Financial Solutions)
- Yianni Tsimopoulos (Nationwide Wealth Advisers)
- Peter Paterson (Plansure Solutions)
- Brian Woods (Nexus Wealth)
- James Ford (Economic Science)
- Mark Rando (Rando & Associates)
- Wayne Leggett (Fortnum Private Wealth)
- Matt Hale (Financial Design for Life)
- Melissa Brunow (WHK Albury)
- Ryan Merrett (Tribeca Financial)
- Shane Bond (SBA Financial)
- Mark Dunsford (Dunsford FP)
- John Cachia (Australian Financial Advisers Group)
- Jenny Brown (JBS Financial Strategists)
- Christopher Heppingstone (Heppingstone Financial Services)
- Adrienne Rush (Bendigo Bank)
- Ian Fox (Navacue)
- Christopher Brown (Financial Design for Life)
Perpetual profit sunk by $1.5bn outflows
Perpetual’s profit has fallen, with lower performance revenue and $1.5 billion...
IOOF results ‘an anomaly’: Morningstar
IOOF’s plunging profits are an isolated occurrence and the royal commission ha...
Conflicts of interest broader than product providers
Advisers need to consider managing conflicts of interest not just with product p...