Schroders Australia chief executive Greg Cooper has been elected chairman of the Financial Services Council to take effect 1 August.
Mr Cooper was elected unanimously by the FSC board and will take up the role formally at the upcoming FSC annual conference, replacing outgoing chairman Peter Maher.
“I am pleased to announce that Greg will assume the role of chairman of the FSC,” Mr Maher said.
“Greg has made a significant contribution to the FSC since he became a director in 2008.”
“He has been deputy chairman of the FSC since 2011, deputy chairman of the FSC's Administration &
Risk Board Committee, deputy chairman of the FSC's Nominations Board Committee and cochairman the FSC's Investment Board Committee,” Mr Maher said.
Mr Cooper is an actuary by profession and has worked in the investment management markets in Hong Kong, Singapore and the UK.
He is a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia and is ambassador for the Australian Indigenous Education Foundation.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019ASIC imposes conditions on Sydney licenseeBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019FASEA locks in educational pathways policyBy Adrian Flores
- view all