Schroders Australia chief executive Greg Cooper has been elected chairman of the Financial Services Council to take effect 1 August.
Mr Cooper was elected unanimously by the FSC board and will take up the role formally at the upcoming FSC annual conference, replacing outgoing chairman Peter Maher.
“I am pleased to announce that Greg will assume the role of chairman of the FSC,” Mr Maher said.
“Greg has made a significant contribution to the FSC since he became a director in 2008.”
“He has been deputy chairman of the FSC since 2011, deputy chairman of the FSC's Administration &
Risk Board Committee, deputy chairman of the FSC's Nominations Board Committee and cochairman the FSC's Investment Board Committee,” Mr Maher said.
Mr Cooper is an actuary by profession and has worked in the investment management markets in Hong Kong, Singapore and the UK.
He is a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia and is ambassador for the Australian Indigenous Education Foundation.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Sep 2018Linchpin funded advice business in liquidationBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018McMaster: Where was ASIC on Beacon, CBA and AMP?By James Mitchell
- 18 Sep 2018Peter Kell resigns as deputy chair of ASICBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Sep 2018Two former Macquarie advisers given 10-year banBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Sep 2018Raiz addresses Millennial advice gap with chatbotBy Reporter
- 18 Sep 2018FASEA a ‘disaster’ destroying the industry: AIOFPBy James Mitchell
- view all