Schroders Australia chief executive Greg Cooper has been elected chairman of the Financial Services Council to take effect 1 August.
Mr Cooper was elected unanimously by the FSC board and will take up the role formally at the upcoming FSC annual conference, replacing outgoing chairman Peter Maher.
“I am pleased to announce that Greg will assume the role of chairman of the FSC,” Mr Maher said.
“Greg has made a significant contribution to the FSC since he became a director in 2008.”
“He has been deputy chairman of the FSC since 2011, deputy chairman of the FSC's Administration &
Risk Board Committee, deputy chairman of the FSC's Nominations Board Committee and cochairman the FSC's Investment Board Committee,” Mr Maher said.
Mr Cooper is an actuary by profession and has worked in the investment management markets in Hong Kong, Singapore and the UK.
He is a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia and is ambassador for the Australian Indigenous Education Foundation.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Apr 2018Govt launches new corporate criminal crackdownBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018AMP CEO retires immediatelyBy Reporter
- 19 Apr 2018Commission questions compulsory FPA membershipBy Killian Plastow
- 19 Apr 2018CBA admits to fresh FOFA breachesBy Reporter
- 18 Apr 2018Royal commission villains could face jailBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Apr 2018CBA accused of ‘misleading’ royal commissionBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- view all