Schroders Australia chief executive Greg Cooper has been elected chairman of the Financial Services Council to take effect 1 August.
Mr Cooper was elected unanimously by the FSC board and will take up the role formally at the upcoming FSC annual conference, replacing outgoing chairman Peter Maher.
“I am pleased to announce that Greg will assume the role of chairman of the FSC,” Mr Maher said.
“Greg has made a significant contribution to the FSC since he became a director in 2008.”
“He has been deputy chairman of the FSC since 2011, deputy chairman of the FSC's Administration &
Risk Board Committee, deputy chairman of the FSC's Nominations Board Committee and cochairman the FSC's Investment Board Committee,” Mr Maher said.
Mr Cooper is an actuary by profession and has worked in the investment management markets in Hong Kong, Singapore and the UK.
He is a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia and is ambassador for the Australian Indigenous Education Foundation.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018ASIC flexes its muscles at independent advisersBy James Mitchell
- 15 Nov 2018FPA hands down $50,000 fine on Sam HendersonBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018Adviser reviews critical to client retentionBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- view all