Off the back of feedback from financial advisers, Westpac Institutional Bank has launched an “annuity-styled product” to help advice clients achieve retirement goals.
The Westpac Annuity Deposit product is an off-platform solution aimed at financial advisers, allowing them to “meet a client-lead demand for lower risk, flexible products that provide a known and secure income at a competitive rate”, according to a statement from the bank.
“In simple terms, investors in the Westpac Annuity Deposit are buying a secure and guaranteed income stream,” said Westpac head of capital market solutions David Van Ryn.
“Investors securing retirement income streams rely on their selected provider to continue to meet their obligations over the long haul.
“Westpac is one of the largest deposit taking institutions in Australia with a history in banking approaching 200 years. This history, combined with access to the Government Guarantee in most cases1, should provide investors with a high level of security and peace of mind when building a retirement income strategy.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- view all