A Sydney-based financial planner has taken out a prize at the first Mortgage Choice achievement awards to include a financial planning category.
Fairien Azeem from Mortgage Choice Liverpool won the Mortgage choice Financial Planning Rising Star award which recognised her excellence in a range of business behaviours.
The 2013 awards held in Alice Springs included financial planning for the first time after Mortgage Choice attained its AFSL in July last year.
“Each year we look forward to our national Conference, where we have the opportunity to recognise the achievements of our top-performing established franchisees and celebrate the accomplishments of our newcomers,” Mortgage Choice chief executive Michael Russell said.
“I’m pleased to announce that this year’s event marked the inaugural inclusion of Mortgage Choice financial Planning to our reward and recognition program, allowing us to acknowledge the success stories of our newly-inducted financial advisers.”
Ms Azeem was one of three finalists contending for the award but “excelled in all aspects” and was “hence chosen as the overall winner.”
Mortgage Choice soft-launched its financial planning business, Mortgage Choice Financial Planning, in October last year, with the trial-period finishing last month.
General manager for Mortgage Choice Financial Planning, Tania Milnes, previously told ifa the pilot passed its target and finished up with 11 franchises.
The company is hoping to have 60 planning franchisees on deck by the end of the 2014/2015 financial year.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:58Product design laws could ‘undermine’ FOFABy Tim Stewart
- 20 Aug 2018Carve-outs must be addressed before commissions: AIOFPBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018Professional year an opportunity for exiting advisersBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018IOOF creates new executive advice roleBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018RBA attacks ‘sales’ culture within financial servicesBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018Super members ‘readily’ taken advantage of: RCBy Killian Plastow
- view all