A Perth-based financial planning licensee has been placed in administration, with Grant Thornton administrators appointed and a first meeting of creditors scheduled.
Chambers Investment Planners Pty Ltd (CAN 009 294 606) is now under administration, with Grant Thornton administrators Matthew Donnelly and Gayle Dickerson appointed, according to an Australian Securities and Investments Commission insolvency notice.
The administrators were appointed on 2 July, with the first meeting of creditors of the company to take place later this month.
The West Perth company’s website says it specialises in “management of debt, cashflow, risk, tax and investments” and has its own Australian Financial Services Licence (No. 243359).
An application for discovery was filed against the company and its managing director George Takla CFP in 2011, but was dismissed by the Federal Court, with the applicant, John Strickland Dennis, ordered to pay costs.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:38FPA and AFA at odds over independenceBy Aleks Vickovich
- 10:52Netwealth sees rise in FUMABy Staff Reporter
- 27 Jun 2017Lobbying commences for s923A repealBy Aleks Vickovich
- 10:52NAB FP makes executive appointmentBy Staff Reporter
- 27 Jun 2017ASIC cracks down on s923A non-complianceBy Aleks Vickovich
- 27 Jun 2017GPS Wealth to be acquiredBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all