A Perth-based financial planning licensee has been placed in administration, with Grant Thornton administrators appointed and a first meeting of creditors scheduled.
Chambers Investment Planners Pty Ltd (CAN 009 294 606) is now under administration, with Grant Thornton administrators Matthew Donnelly and Gayle Dickerson appointed, according to an Australian Securities and Investments Commission insolvency notice.
The administrators were appointed on 2 July, with the first meeting of creditors of the company to take place later this month.
The West Perth company’s website says it specialises in “management of debt, cashflow, risk, tax and investments” and has its own Australian Financial Services Licence (No. 243359).
An application for discovery was filed against the company and its managing director George Takla CFP in 2011, but was dismissed by the Federal Court, with the applicant, John Strickland Dennis, ordered to pay costs.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 May 2017AFA/ANZ accepting Rising Star nominationsBy Staff Reporter
- 23 May 2017Andy Marshall joins IOOFBy Larissa Waterson
- 23 May 2017Super unattractive for modest earners: accounting bodyBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 May 2017Non-bank bodies slam single EDR schemeBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 May 2017InvestmentLink boosts goals-based advice initiativeBy Staff Reporter
- 23 May 2017CFS launches managed accounts solutionBy Staff Reporter
- view all