A Gold Coast-based financial advice firm with 2,000 clients is the latest to become a Synchron-authorised representative, singling out the dealer group’s non-institutional ‘conflict-free’ structure.
Lifewise Wealth Protection will join the Synchron network, despite managing director Chris Kelaart saying his company had enough scale to get its own AFSL.
“Having our own AFSL would have meant a large chunk of our time would have been taken away from our core function – servicing our clients,” he said.
“For us, Synchron is the closest thing to having our own AFSL and because Synchron directors are financial advisers themselves, they understand exactly what we need.
“[Synchron] does not try to steer their advisers into recommending certain products because they don’t have particular interests in any one institution.”
Synchron chief Don Trapnell welcomed the new firm, describing it as an “outstanding risk-focused business”.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- view all