Global investment management firm PIMCO has launched a bond investment option on Colonial First State’s FirstChoice retail platform.
“PIMCO's inclusion is particularly important as FirstChoice is the pre-eminent platform in Australia. Our presence on the platform will greatly enhance PIMCO’s reach into the important retail market,” Peter Dorrian, head of global wealth management at PIMCO Australia said.
The offering will be available to FirstChoice’s Australian and international investment managers and is the first global bond option to be available on their AUD60 billion platform.
The option will invest in government, corporate, mortgage and other fixed income securities, as well as non-investment grade fixed interest securities and emerging markets. It will also employ an activists investment strategy that aims to reduce volatility and enhance returns by focusing on sector allocation and rotation, as well as and bottom up credit analysis of individual bonds and issuers.
The bond offering will be available to investors from 11 June this year.
PIMCO, which has operated in Australia since 1998, has about AUD35 billion of assets under management locally and USD2.04 trillion globally as of 31 March 2013.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all