Soaring compliance costs have forced a former Association of Financial Advisers Adviser of the Year award recipient to hand back his AFSL and join TAL’s risk-focused dealer group Affinia.
Troy Edmondson, principal of Queensland-based practice Business & Estate Planning Specialists, has announced he is handing back his AFSL and joining the Affinia network.
“After holding the Licence for a number of years, the compliance obligations were taking me away from running a specialist insurance and estate planning practice,” he said.
“I want more time with my clients not less; Running a boutique AFSL with all of the obligations as a licensee was taking me away from my core business. Affinia offers a broader range of support and professional services to enable me to better run my business without the obligations of being a licensee.”
In 2006, Edmondson was named winner of the AFA-Zurich Adviser of the Year when he was a senior partner at Professional Investment Services (PIS).
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Oct 2018ASIC reveals findings of CBA enforceable undertakingBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Oct 2018ARCO fund added to BT Panorama platformBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Oct 2018NAB well-placed to sell MLC wealth businessBy James Mitchell
- 22 Oct 2018CBA announces appointment of CFOBy Reporter
- 22 Oct 2018‘We’ve taken too long’ to fix advice problems: NABBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- view all