The AMP Horizons Career Changer training and development program for financial planners has been given an achievement award by the American Society for Training & Development.
The Career Changer Program has been announced as the the 2012 Excellence in Practice Award recipient in the category of Career Developmen, by the US-based training and development professional association.
On receiving the award, AMP Horizons director Amelia Constantinidis praised the role of the program in supporting the financial planning profession.
“To attract more people to financial planning, we needed a program that embraced professionalism while exceeding the minimum regulatory and licensee requirements. Previously, people with the potential to be excellent financial planners – but without experience – didn’t apply,” Ms Constantinidis said.
“It wasn’t until our Career Changer Program was established in 2007 that those who wanted to become a financial planner had a pathway into the profession via our fully paid 12-month learning program.
At the end of the program, our planners achieve the official status of Authorised Representative, which means they can start their own financial planning practice or join one of the hundreds that are part of our network.
“More than 581 people have now graduated from AMP Horizons. To our knowledge, it is still the only development program of its kind in this industry in Australia.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 May 2017CFS launches adviser toolsBy Staff Reporter
- 24 May 2017Industry fund consumer satisfaction declinesBy Staff Reporter
- 24 May 2017Advice unaffordable for families, says insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 24 May 2017Focus rules out insto acquisitionsBy Aleks Vickovich
- 24 May 2017'General advice' provider gets AFSL suspensionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 May 2017AFA/ANZ accepting Rising Star nominationsBy Staff Reporter
- view all