The former regional director of National Australia Bank’s UK entities has been named as the new business director of British dealer group Ashcourt Rowan’s financial planning arm.
Steven Midgley has been announced in the newly-created role, and will also serve on the company’s board.
Midgley previously saw the NAB-owned Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks through the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) reform process and says he is optimistic about the UK financial advice sector under these regulations.
"The wake of the RDR has presented a huge opportunity for wealth managers such as Ashcourt Rowan to thrive,” he said in a statement.
"Steven has a huge amount of experience and expertise in the financial planning industry, which will be invaluable as we look to develop this part of the business,” added group chief executive Jonathan Polin.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Apr 2018Govt launches new corporate criminal crackdownBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018AMP CEO retires immediatelyBy Reporter
- 19 Apr 2018Commission questions compulsory FPA membershipBy Killian Plastow
- 19 Apr 2018CBA admits to fresh FOFA breachesBy Reporter
- 18 Apr 2018Royal commission villains could face jailBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Apr 2018CBA accused of ‘misleading’ royal commissionBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- view all