The former regional director of National Australia Bank’s UK entities has been named as the new business director of British dealer group Ashcourt Rowan’s financial planning arm.
Steven Midgley has been announced in the newly-created role, and will also serve on the company’s board.
Midgley previously saw the NAB-owned Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks through the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) reform process and says he is optimistic about the UK financial advice sector under these regulations.
"The wake of the RDR has presented a huge opportunity for wealth managers such as Ashcourt Rowan to thrive,” he said in a statement.
"Steven has a huge amount of experience and expertise in the financial planning industry, which will be invaluable as we look to develop this part of the business,” added group chief executive Jonathan Polin.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Nov 2018Former bankrupt manager convicted over false AFSL docsBy James Mitchell
- 22 Nov 2018FASEA announces ethics code legislative instrumentBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Nov 2018‘Regulators not immune to public opinion’: CostelloBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Nov 2018CBA admits lax attitude with ASIC on advice woesBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Nov 2018FASEA clarifies existing adviser educational standardsBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Nov 2018Days of ‘one-dimenional’ adviser are over: MentorBy Reporter
- view all