The former regional director of National Australia Bank’s UK entities has been named as the new business director of British dealer group Ashcourt Rowan’s financial planning arm.
Steven Midgley has been announced in the newly-created role, and will also serve on the company’s board.
Midgley previously saw the NAB-owned Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks through the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) reform process and says he is optimistic about the UK financial advice sector under these regulations.
"The wake of the RDR has presented a huge opportunity for wealth managers such as Ashcourt Rowan to thrive,” he said in a statement.
"Steven has a huge amount of experience and expertise in the financial planning industry, which will be invaluable as we look to develop this part of the business,” added group chief executive Jonathan Polin.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 26 May 2017IOOF breakaway group sets up AFSLBy Aleks Vickovich
- 26 May 2017Midwinter launches new calculator for advisersBy Staff Reporter
- 26 May 2017IOOF announces new online trading functionalityBy Staff Reporter
- 26 May 2017Australia beats global average for financial literacyBy Staff Reporter
- 25 May 2017AMP looks to salaried channel for revenueBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- 25 May 2017ASIC commissioner reappointedBy Staff Reporter
- view all