The former regional director of National Australia Bank’s UK entities has been named as the new business director of British dealer group Ashcourt Rowan’s financial planning arm.
Steven Midgley has been announced in the newly-created role, and will also serve on the company’s board.
Midgley previously saw the NAB-owned Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks through the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) reform process and says he is optimistic about the UK financial advice sector under these regulations.
"The wake of the RDR has presented a huge opportunity for wealth managers such as Ashcourt Rowan to thrive,” he said in a statement.
"Steven has a huge amount of experience and expertise in the financial planning industry, which will be invaluable as we look to develop this part of the business,” added group chief executive Jonathan Polin.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jul 2018CPA shuts financial advice divisionBy Reporter
- 20 Jul 2018Don't neglect AI, advisers warnedBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jul 2018AMP unveils new in-house training programBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Self-licensed adviser cops 4-year ASIC banBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Hub24 to launch new core offeringBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018SMSF sector warns about advice ‘exodus’By Miranda Brownlee
- view all