The former regional director of National Australia Bank’s UK entities has been named as the new business director of British dealer group Ashcourt Rowan’s financial planning arm.
Steven Midgley has been announced in the newly-created role, and will also serve on the company’s board.
Midgley previously saw the NAB-owned Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks through the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) reform process and says he is optimistic about the UK financial advice sector under these regulations.
"The wake of the RDR has presented a huge opportunity for wealth managers such as Ashcourt Rowan to thrive,” he said in a statement.
"Steven has a huge amount of experience and expertise in the financial planning industry, which will be invaluable as we look to develop this part of the business,” added group chief executive Jonathan Polin.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2017Labor slams mooted ASIC appointmentBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Sep 2017‘Modest start’ for Australian super fundsBy Jessica Yun
- 20 Sep 2017Education stress understandable, says AFABy Killian Plastow
- 20 Sep 2017Resisting change will ‘destroy’ business valueBy Staff Reporter
- 19 Sep 2017AMP unveils LIF preparation hubBy Staff Reporter
- 19 Sep 2017AFA lobbies for transparency in ASIC reviewBy Staff Reporter
- view all