A Brisbane-based Genesys-aligned financial planning firm has announced it will merge with a prominent Paragem practice, following the retirement of its principal.
Cameron Renshaw & Associates has announced it will merge with Dolfinwise, entering into partnership with Dolfinwise principal and ifa blogger Jason Bragger.
Under the deal, which will take effect on 1 June, remaining Cameron Renshaw adviser Howard Querido will join the merged firm but willl take on Dolfinwise's branding and licensing arrangements with Paragem.
The new, enhanced Dolfinwise will have approximately 220 clients and $100 million in funds under management. Current Dolfinwise adviser Bonnie Abraham, a risk specialist, will stay on with the merged entity.
Bragger said he was approached by Querido recently and after discussions it became clear the two businesses were highly compatible.
“We’re both committed to providing clients with high-quality financial advice, free from conflicts of interest; we certainly have the same views in putting clients first,” he told ifa.
“We’re committed to building a holistic, compliant advice business into the future and taking advantage of the new environment FOFA is going to provide. “
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 26 May 2017IOOF breakaway group sets up AFSLBy Aleks Vickovich
- 26 May 2017Midwinter launches new calculator for advisersBy Staff Reporter
- 26 May 2017IOOF announces new online trading functionalityBy Staff Reporter
- 26 May 2017Australia beats global average for financial literacyBy Staff Reporter
- 25 May 2017AMP looks to salaried channel for revenueBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- 25 May 2017ASIC commissioner reappointedBy Staff Reporter
- view all