Life insurer TAL’s risk-focused dealer group Affinia has made a senior national appointment as it looks to further broaden its risk advice footprint.
Sitparan Gnanendran has been appointed Affinia’s national manager, advice, having previously spent six years as AMP’s manager of risk research.
“This position will play a significant role in the ongoing evolution of our licensee, as we strive to be the licensee of choice for specialist risk professionals in the country,” said Affinia head Craig Parker.
“I’m personally proud of how our network is not only growing, but the voice our advisers are having in our evolution. They see value to what we supply and this new role continues the value-add we offer advisers.”
Mr Gnanendran brings extensive experience and skills to the specialist life insurance advice dealer group, according to Affinia.
In his new role he will be the technical risk 'go to' person for the Affinia network on all matters across its approved product list (APL) in relation to claims, technical product advice, underwriting and the overall advice process, Affinia stated.
He will also be responsible for the maintenance and development of the group’s advice and research tools and act as a conduit between the licensee and its APL partners, with responsibility for production of training and education materials for practitioners.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 May 2018‘Never been a better time’ for advice: MorningstarBy Killian Plastow
- 25 May 2018ASIC takes former AFSL director to courtBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Henderson Maxwell owner launches investigationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018CBA issues update on AUSTRAC proceedingsBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Employers granted unpaid super amnestyBy Jessica Yun
- 25 May 2018Bernardi backs bank withdrawal from wealthBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all