A former NSW Waratahs rugby player has joined Goldman Sachs Asset Management’s (GSAM) distribution team to strengthen relationships with financial advisers and licensees.
Ben Daly has been recruited to the position of key account manager in GSAM’s third party distribution department for New South Wales and Queensland.
As well as his eight-year professional sporting career, Daly is a former investment specialist at RARE Infrastructure, and has held previous roles at Deutsche Asset Management, Zurich Financial Services and BT Funds Management.
Jessica Jones, GSAM’s head of Asia-Pacific ex-Japan third party distribution, told ifa the move is part of a broader bolstering of the investment bank’s retail offering and relationships with financial advisers.
“I recently relocated to Australia with the mandate to head up the business here, but also build up the team. In that period we have doubled the size of the team and Ben Daly is the most recent hire,” she said. “We are committed to Australia and we are committed to building our retail offering and platform here.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Nov 2018Former bankrupt manager convicted over false AFSL docsBy James Mitchell
- 22 Nov 2018FASEA announces ethics code legislative instrumentBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Nov 2018‘Regulators not immune to public opinion’: CostelloBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Nov 2018CBA admits lax attitude with ASIC on advice woesBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Nov 2018FASEA clarifies existing adviser educational standardsBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Nov 2018Days of ‘one-dimenional’ adviser are over: MentorBy Reporter
- view all