A former NSW Waratahs rugby player has joined Goldman Sachs Asset Management’s (GSAM) distribution team to strengthen relationships with financial advisers and licensees.
Ben Daly has been recruited to the position of key account manager in GSAM’s third party distribution department for New South Wales and Queensland.
As well as his eight-year professional sporting career, Daly is a former investment specialist at RARE Infrastructure, and has held previous roles at Deutsche Asset Management, Zurich Financial Services and BT Funds Management.
Jessica Jones, GSAM’s head of Asia-Pacific ex-Japan third party distribution, told ifa the move is part of a broader bolstering of the investment bank’s retail offering and relationships with financial advisers.
“I recently relocated to Australia with the mandate to head up the business here, but also build up the team. In that period we have doubled the size of the team and Ben Daly is the most recent hire,” she said. “We are committed to Australia and we are committed to building our retail offering and platform here.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Apr 2018Govt launches new corporate criminal crackdownBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018AMP CEO retires immediatelyBy Reporter
- 19 Apr 2018Commission questions compulsory FPA membershipBy Killian Plastow
- 19 Apr 2018CBA admits to fresh FOFA breachesBy Reporter
- 18 Apr 2018Royal commission villains could face jailBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Apr 2018CBA accused of ‘misleading’ royal commissionBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- view all