A former NSW Waratahs rugby player has joined Goldman Sachs Asset Management’s (GSAM) distribution team to strengthen relationships with financial advisers and licensees.
Ben Daly has been recruited to the position of key account manager in GSAM’s third party distribution department for New South Wales and Queensland.
As well as his eight-year professional sporting career, Daly is a former investment specialist at RARE Infrastructure, and has held previous roles at Deutsche Asset Management, Zurich Financial Services and BT Funds Management.
Jessica Jones, GSAM’s head of Asia-Pacific ex-Japan third party distribution, told ifa the move is part of a broader bolstering of the investment bank’s retail offering and relationships with financial advisers.
“I recently relocated to Australia with the mandate to head up the business here, but also build up the team. In that period we have doubled the size of the team and Ben Daly is the most recent hire,” she said. “We are committed to Australia and we are committed to building our retail offering and platform here.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jul 2018CPA shuts financial advice divisionBy Reporter
- 20 Jul 2018Don't neglect AI, advisers warnedBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jul 2018AMP unveils new in-house training programBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Self-licensed adviser cops 4-year ASIC banBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Hub24 to launch new core offeringBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018SMSF sector warns about advice ‘exodus’By Miranda Brownlee
- view all